Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

Article about: These slants Ivory grips are the holy grail for the Slant collectors, i have never seen one before, although i know i european collector who ownes one. Im very happy you shared this one with

The Second Klaas army is fitted with a Klaas enhanced Pack Type-3 crossguard. The Crossguard is heavily hand enhanced in the Klaas style with a nice personalization to the rear J.V. The pommel also exhibits some nice hand work . The blade is a minty nickel plated type. Scabbard bands exhibit the Klaas asterisks

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques
    P
    Many

Been working on my crossguard reference page here is a link to the page. Tom Kendall Military Antiques-Army Crossguard Reference Of particular interest to army collectors will be these Entry’s

1) Early Generic (EG) & Late Generic (LG)
    EG Type-1
    EG Type-2
    EG Type-3
    EG Type-4
    LG A
    LG B
    2) Eickhorn Aluminum Type-1
    3) Voos High Lift – Newly discovered Type
    4) WKC Type 1.5 – Newly discovered Type
    5) No mention of the Wingen Type-2 & Herder Type-1 as I believe these to be a LG-B (B Generic)

The format is as follows

Line-1-Name of producer/MFG.
    Line-2-Pictures of crossguards
    Line-3-In house produced guards
    Line-4-Other crossguards used by manufacturer in some cases with specific hand enhancement techniques attributable to listed producer.

Of course these are my observations & opinions and I look forward some feedback and discussion on this topic I will start a new thread on this and ask all comments regarding the crossguard reference be made in this thread. Tom Kendall Military Antiques - Army Crossguard Reference

Default AES Slant

A new addition recently acquired from the returning vets daughter. This is an exciting piece for the heer collector. It has been thought that AES only made army daggers later in the period well this example dispels that. The maker mark at first glance looks like the later one but when you compare them the font is certainly different. The early tapered tang blade is a minty nickel plated example with some minute lifting to the blade tip. The aluminum hilt fittings are beautiful examples with nice hand work-love the big eye and the grin this eagle is sporting. The slant grip is one of the early glass examples not translucent like the later glass grips but has the look of glass very interesting as AES also used glass grips later in the period. The whole dagger is covered in a light gold nicotine patina although not too apparent from the pictures. The dagger also came with a set of early brass based hangers. You never know what new discovery is waiting to be made this one certainly caught me by surprise.

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

That's a fantastic find my friend,congrats

Wonderful and one of a kind so far!! Love that Early maker mark, looks to be etched very deep! Killer grip and fittings.. love the nicotine patina too. I think the scabbard bands are very initial Horster in there look (perhaps purchased from them?) but no doubt original to the piece. Man what a great and RARE find! Congrats Tom... Kevin.

Thanks guys - A few of my army collector buddies noticed the different maker mark right away (Kevin & Jon). Not only is the font different but the shape of the box they are contained in is different. The early mark the box is rectangular shaped while the later is square.

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques
    Last edited by T Kendall; 06-21-2015 at 07:44 PM.

?

What a beauty!!
    Great catch Tom

Ger

Congrats Tom on a rare find.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Glad some grandkid didn't throw the offensive thing away. Went in the right collection. Congrats Tom.

Quote by wagner View Post
    Glad some grandkid didn't throw the offensive thing away. Went in the right collection. Congrats Tom.
    Was very lucky to get this one not every day you get to buy a slant from the vet’s family let alone one of this caliber surprisingly the dagger was 2 ½ hours from my house

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast