Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

Article about: These slants Ivory grips are the holy grail for the Slant collectors, i have never seen one before, although i know i european collector who ownes one. Im very happy you shared this one with

Default Dr. Lohr

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques
    P
    Many

Great photoshop work on these two fine daggers Tom, super to have the images of the original owners with a dagger.. Very special indeed! Kevin.

I like how you displayed the "X" stamping ( and other cases the asterisk ) ...on the reverse carrying band. It highlights and supports the producer.

I agree also with Kevin..well done adding in a photo of Dr Lohr. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Nice additions to your collection Tom, ive owned 2 iron Heers in the past, Alcoso & SMF, both well known for these variations.
    Great to find the person behind the dagger, well done!

Regards
    Ger

Thanks guys for the comments. I really love these personalized pieces especially when they are researchable.

Default WKC Type-1

This was my first pick up at the SOS-2016. A friend was chatting outside the hotel with a collector/dealer that he knew and we were invited to his room to have a look at a few daggers he had for sale before the show started. The collector vet purchased this full rig from a family and while it’s a common WKC it’s a nice dark untouched rig with a nice blade. The Type-1 WKC crossguard is the rounded head variation. Yes WKC had two Type-1 crossguard variations as pointed out to me some time ago by Kevin Heers68. The forehead variation (earliest) and the rounded head variation. So theoretically you can say WKC had at least 5 crossguard variations . Funny years ago only 3 Types were accepted as WKC in house produced crossguards. Mold variation or enhancement variation ? Personally I think its worthy of its own type/variation but we can discuss this in depth in another thread to not dilute this one.

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

Default WKC Type-1 Head Variations

Note the differences in the head & wreath detail as well as the swastika but the swastika does vary when you compare multiple examples.

Good show Tom! Saw this piece in hand and its a very nice unmessed with dagger! I had noticed these two head variations years ago on the initial WKC product but had always wondered if it was just a certain enhancer at the factory doing this or if it was an indicator of the era of the dagger.. then more recently I picked up a initial fitted WKC with a type C grip and it had the rounded or no forehead type. Started looking closer at these early non slant pieces after that and it seems quite consistent that the rounded head is later! What is your experience guys? Like to hear input on this Best, Kevin.

The pictured dagger does have a brass scabbard also I had in my collection an early numbered slant Horster with this rounded head guard also have two slant Asso one with the forehead and one with the rounded head but also have a C&J non slant with the rounded head and a PS non slant with the forhead ! so…..

?

Nice one Tom!!
    I just missed a lovely roundhead slant myself last week.
    We have this roundhead one covered in our new book as a special wkc 1 too...but its not only seen on wkc daggers...we have more to show

Regards
    Ger

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast