Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

Article about: These slants Ivory grips are the holy grail for the Slant collectors, i have never seen one before, although i know i european collector who ownes one. Im very happy you shared this one with

Tom that is a beauty Seilheimer! I would like to see if your C grips that are used with these early pieces have the stock# on the end under the pommel! Especially the Seilheimer considering it has the Forehead version guard. Kevin.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques
    P
    Many

Tom, no you are not allowed to sell your daggers until I finish paying redemtion from my mortgage! (just wait about five years).

I just can´t stop look at your superb daggers and the aluminum Eickhorn with ivory grip is the best or one of the best army dagger which I know.

Best regards

Peter

P.S: Just kidding, sure you can sell your dagger whenever you want

?

Tom that Seilheimer is a Beauty!
    i posted a similar one in 2014, great to see they match.
    The more reference work available the better,
    Thx for posting ( i did him on your website )
    Regards
    Ger
    Heer dagger by Paul Seilheimer with 1st pattern WKC enhanced fittings
    Last edited by Larry C; 04-09-2016 at 03:58 PM.

?

Quote by heers68 View Post
    Tom that is a beauty Seilheimer! I would like to see if your C grips that are used with these early pieces have the stock# on the end under the pommel! Especially the Seilheimer considering it has the Forehead version guard. Kevin.
    Kevin the one i had backthen doesnt has the stock number, it does have that typical WKC round scabbard throath though..
    Ger

Nice Seilheimer Tom...I cant judge by the photos..but your outstanding photography ..makes that grip appear to be the glass type. ?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I don't know much about army daggers so I was wondering about the time frame with the cross guard and type C grip on this Paul Seilheimer dagger. On the cross guard reference site on wardaggers.com the WKC 1st is dated at 35-36 and correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the type C grip was introduced in 37 so is it ok to have this cross guard together with this grip. Should the guard not be with a slant grip (A), or type B grip. Or this type C grip with a WKC later style cross guard.
    Best Tomaz.

Quote by Tomaz View Post
    I don't know much about army daggers so I was wondering about the time frame with the cross guard and type C grip on this Paul Seilheimer dagger. On the cross guard reference site on wardaggers.com the WKC 1st is dated at 35-36 and correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the type C grip was introduced in 37 so is it ok to have this cross guard together with this grip. Should the guard not be with a slant grip (A), or type B grip. Or this type C grip with a WKC later style cross guard.
    Best Tomaz.
    Wardaggers (Jon) is correct as usual on the time frame of the guard. The B grip is IMO very scarce and likely saw introduction and use close to or concurrently with the C grip and possibly later if you look at the Dr. Lohr Klaas dagger its fitted with Generic fittings and a B grip so .... You will find multiple cases of army daggers with tapered tangs-C grip and a early variation crossguard. You judge the daggers merits based on the overall configuration of all its parts as a whole.
    Last edited by T Kendall; 04-08-2016 at 12:25 AM.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Nice Seilheimer Tom...I cant judge by the photos..but your outstanding photography ..makes that grip appear to be the glass type. ?

Regards Larry
    Larry
    The grip does look glassy in the photo but not enough in person where i ever thought it was a glass variety. As you know the grips run the gamut from semi-glass to full blown translucent. I still hold the theory the full blown translucent glass grips could have been made to resemble Amber artificial amber if you will. They made artificial ivory grips so....

Quote by PeterCollector View Post
    Tom, no you are not allowed to sell your daggers until I finish paying redemtion from my mortgage! (just wait about five years).

I just can´t stop look at your superb daggers and the aluminum Eickhorn with ivory grip is the best or one of the best army dagger which I know.

Best regards

Peter

P.S: Just kidding, sure you can sell your dagger whenever you want
    Peter
    I am sure i will have something for you when the time comes A dear friend put me onto that Eickhorn. Every time i look at it i think of him and how gracious he was to allow me to pursue the dagger.

?

Thanks for the reply Tom. Sometimes I do find it difficult telling the B and the C apart but I was under the impression that the type B was the most common grip and not scarce, wardaggers (jon) states that without a doubt the type B was the most prolific and when talking about the C grip mentions the B grip as being earlier. I personally thought the A grip was 35, the B grip 35/36 to the end of the period and the C grip 37 to the end of the period. I'm still non the wiser but thanks anyway.
    Judging the dagger by its overall configuration as a whole is I agree the best way, I do have some army daggers but my main interest is navy daggers and I wish the navy guys would do the same, maybe in time they will but I will most likely be dead by then lol.
    Best Tomaz.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast