Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two early 'slant' Weyersberg's, with a big surprise

Article about: Here is a stunning example of one of my favorite early makers of Heer daggers: Paul Weyersberg Annoyed from this ads?   many unique features here, but my favorite is in the initial prod

?

Default Two early 'slant' Weyersberg's, with a big surprise

Here is a stunning example of one of my favorite early makers of Heer daggers: Paul Weyersberg
    many unique features here, but my favorite is in the initial production run, they seemed to have serial numbered the daggers.
    This one I was fortunate enough to cherry pick out of the Dick Uhlig collection, years before his 'advanced' collection was auctioned off by Hermann Historica.

under the cross guard a number 290.

Then a few years later I make a large trade with another collector buddy in Europe, and this is the Weyersberg that came in that grouping.

under this cross guard is stamped this number: 291

So, the 1st Weyersberg come from the mountains of New Mexico, and the 2nd Weyersberg came from the mountains of Norway.
    I have never found a early numbered Army Weyersberg that had the same number stamped. I'll let you Heer aficionados guess at what are the odds of having a Consecutive Pair of serial numbered Weyersberg Army daggers ?

Or .... is it just a illusion ?

Best of the Hunt,
    wagner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two early 'slant' Weyersberg's, with a big surprise
    P
    Many

The Weyersberg Brothers! Nice find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thx Serge for showing these beauty's!
    Its more then remarkable having 2 serial number that are consecutive

I think Weyerberg has one of the best early fittings, and is a very hard one to find!
    The eyes of the eagle are one of a kind, sometimes looking like an egypt eye, very impressive.
    I love them Slants!

Ger

?

Very nice Weyersberg slants! Very interesting to see that Weyersberg used the plated blade in combination with the WKC type 1 crossguard. Up till now I thought they only used the polished blade in combination with this crossguard. Always nice to learn something new, so thanks a lot for posting these beauties
    By the way, I think finding a consecutive pair of serial numbered Weyersberg army daggers is nearly impossible

Danny

?

When you consider that Weyersburg stopped numbering these early daggers in the 300's serial range, it makes having two, side by side even more astounding. One would be the highlight of most collections. Nice to see them both with nickel plated blades as well.
    Not the first time I have had the pleasure of seeing these two and I am glad they are still both happily married .
    I have always wondered what the attrition rate would have been on a selection of army daggers such as these numbered daggers, i.e broken or damaged during wear, destroyed during the finals days of the war, hidden etc. Must have been quite high I would have thought.

Outstanding.

Merry Christmas to everybody on the forum !

The world is not as big as anyone thinks..it is amazing to see these 2 numbered orphans reunited and being so far apart. Destiny is quite amazing. I would not even consider this a "needle in a haystack" find...more like 2 strands of hair found together in that same Hay stack.

These kind of Love stories of reunification are a pleasure too read. Thanks for sharing these 2 great daggers with their 2 separate pasts. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

β€œThe farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Serge,

Two lovely early Weyersberg slants

Amazing to see that they are consecutive serial numbered !

I bet a lot of army dagger collectors would give a lung & a kidney for these two babies

Regards Mac 66.

?

Quote by Mac 66 View Post
    Serge,

I bet a lot of army dagger collectors would give a lung & a kidney for these two babies

Regards Mac 66.
    Im even more generous, you can have my neighbor

Ger

?

That is a miracle to find consecutively numbered daggers !! I've never heard of such a thing and doubt i'll ever see it again . Many thanks for showing these Serge .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

Thanks guys for all the kind words. It's a pleasure to share them with you.

Merry Christmas !

Best of the Hunt,
    Serge

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast