Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Two heer daggers for authentication review

Article about: I have received and offer to pick up these two daggers seller States one is Robert Klass with aluminum fittings and the other is an alcoso. These are both unmarked pieces. Please give me a m

Last edited by Larry C; 06-28-2018 at 03:02 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two heer daggers for authentication review
    P
    Many

Chaz ...who is the producer of the orange grip?

The new photo....has me second guessing....before Gerrit comes in and beats me up
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I will look in the grip identification section of the Forum I believe I had found a place that gives descriptions of cross guards grips Etc.

The guy I may do a trade with seems to think that the white gripped dagger is made by alcoso... With the vaulted eagle.....

Il try and set em straight. He said the dark grip dagger is klaas. I believe hes abit mixed up.

I did see the star markings on the scabbard bands. Is that trait indicative of klaas?

I thought it was klass . could be wrong all the way around

The seller had shown me a website called war daggers... That website says the hi lift trait belongs to alcoso. Would this be incorrect?

?

The alu fitted one has a Klaas type 2 guard, and if i see it correctly the scabbardbands have the astrix on the seam.

That one would be correct for Klaas, having the type 2 fittings makes this an early production and pretty hard to find.
    If i would not collect only Pack & alu Pack based armies, this one would be for me, if the blade would be nice.

The white grip Alcoso is a parts dagger, it has the latest type 4 crossguard Alcoso used, but it has an eickhorn scabbard, not a combi i desire.

Ger

Gerrit thank you for the clarification. The blade on the type2 klaas is decent but i may see some imperfections, unless its my eyes....
    Also on the alcoso after reviewing a few posts and poking around i did also find out about the scabbard. Neat pieces in their own right but something i may not take in on trade, i will get back the the gent and let him know my findings.

?

I looked at the only picture of the Klaas dagger where the blade is visible, that blade is not one i desire.

You stated both blades are unmarked, well if a Klaas is early and unmarked you could take a look at its tang when its a plated blade, if it has the tanghole it most likely is a Klaas blade, as they used to drill a hole in the tang to attach a hook to hang it in for the chromebath.

I think its a later attached blade, it looks like a grained one instead of a plated…...

I suggest you look for textbook armies with marked blades, they are way easier to sell when you ever decide to sell them in the future.

Ger

Thanks Ger

I get Klass and Alcoso mixed up sometimes
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2