MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two questionable daggers

Article about: Hello Gentlemen, These two daggers are sold as originals. To me they don't look like originals, especially the army dagger. Please let me hear your thoughts.

Default Two questionable daggers

Hello Gentlemen,

These two daggers are sold as originals.
    To me they don't look like originals, especially the army dagger.

Please let me hear your thoughts.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two questionable daggers   Two questionable daggers  

Two questionable daggers   Two questionable daggers  

Two questionable daggers  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two questionable daggers
    P
    Many

I think they've just been polished to death.....Old Vedran's gonna have a sh!t fit!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Looks like somebodys gone mad with the brasso but it will tone down as the years tick by if you choose to buy.

matty

Nothing wrong that I'm seeing in regards to originality, but, as said above, here is a case where polishing Has done considerable damage to the values....a shame.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Buy 'em dirt cheap and give 'em the boiled egg treatment!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I would never buy any of them. Don't like 'em.
    The Army dagger, which maker is it?
    Before I made the thread I thought the crossguard looked like Alcoso 1st type, but the more I looked the more suspicious I got.

?

Yah, ACS 1st would be my guess..........a lovingly cared for pair of daggers.

My first ever German army dagger given to me when I was 10 looked like this after 3 years . I couldn't get the muck off it quickly enough........live and learn.

Yes, very correct and BRILLIANT ACS 1st..shame! Still a valuable dagger though.. Kevin.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Nothing wrong that I'm seeing in regards to originality, but, as said above, here is a case where polishing Has done considerable damage to the values....a shame.
    I'm afraid that I'm going to have agree with William on this one. While I know that not all collectors have the same point of view - if this was a TR period Luger pistol that had been "tarted up" this much it might or might not cut the value in half. But it would also be sitting around IMO for a long time before it sold to a novice who just wanted to have one. With a more dedicated collector just walking by and mourning the passing of what had been a period item with some age and signs of use. Best Regards, Fred
    Last edited by Frogprince; 04-07-2014 at 05:40 AM. Reason: typo/correction

?

That is a real shame. I don't understand why people think such aggressive polishing looks nice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast