Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unmarked Heer dagger

Article about: I bought this at a local militaria show for \\$260 today, which seemed like a decent price, but I'm not so well-versed in daggers, so I wanted to ask your opinions on it. The blade washer is g

?

Default Unmarked Heer dagger

I bought this at a local militaria show for $260 today, which seemed like a decent price, but I'm not so well-versed in daggers, so I wanted to ask your opinions on it. The blade washer is gone, but I suppose that could easily be replaced.

Unmarked Heer daggerUnmarked Heer daggerUnmarked Heer daggerUnmarked Heer daggerUnmarked Heer daggerUnmarked Heer daggerUnmarked Heer daggerUnmarked Heer daggerUnmarked Heer dagger

Do you guys think this was a rip-off, or ok? Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked Heer dagger
    P
    Many

I think it looks ok..as it appears to be original..as far as parts and when they were applied..better eyes from the Heer Gents would be best to wait for. It looks good to me. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I think it looks ok..as it appears to be original..as far as parts and when they were applied..better eyes from the Heer Gents would be best to wait for. It looks good to me. Regards Larry
    Thank you! Sorry about the poor lighting; it's a bit dreary here today so I couldn't take any outside. There's some more snow coming!

These Herr dagger looks like Frankenstein.
    Crossguard and ferrule are 4. type Eickhorn, but scabbard and pommel are not Eickhorn. (White grip was also not Eickhorn favorit color.)
    Definitely not for my taste.
    For me proper Eickhorn 4. type of Herr dagger should looks like these one:

Unmarked Heer dagger

Unmarked Heer dagger

Regards
    Vedran

?

Thank you, Vedran! I didn't pay a lot for it, so I think I'll be able to get my money back by selling it off.

Hi, Vedran is right again, Eickhorn never use white girp on its army daggers (except ivory), this is typical example of parts dagger... almost no value for collector, only if you decide to sell it by parts...

Peter

?

Quote by PeterCollector View Post
    Hi, Vedran is right again, Eickhorn never use white girp on its army daggers (except ivory), this is typical example of parts dagger... almost no value for collector, only if you decide to sell it by parts...

Peter
    Thank you, Peter! I already sold it as a likely 'assembled' dagger and got my money back. I don't want anything questionable in my collection, so it goes out the door.

Thank you both!