Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Unmarked Heer Dagger, need help

Article about: I would like a little help in the identification of this Unmarked Heer Officer's Dagger. Although pretty new with Nazi Daggers and their identification, I studied the excellent 14 page 7-4-1

?

Default Unmarked Heer Dagger, need help

I would like a little help in the identification of this Unmarked Heer Officer's Dagger. Although pretty new with Nazi Daggers and their identification, I studied the excellent 14 page 7-4-13 post by Petercollector. Trying to compare the many variations, I think the Dagger may be a late war pieced together model. To me, and my untrained eye, it appears that the dagger has a 4th pattern guard, 3rd style pommel and a type "B" Grip.
    Please chime in with your thoughts, knowledge and opinions. Any Ideas as to the manufacturer would be greatly appreciated.

Unmarked Heer Dagger, need helpUnmarked Heer Dagger, need helpUnmarked Heer Dagger, need helpUnmarked Heer Dagger, need helpUnmarked Heer Dagger, need helpUnmarked Heer Dagger, need helpUnmarked Heer Dagger, need helpUnmarked Heer Dagger, need helpUnmarked Heer Dagger, need helpUnmarked Heer Dagger, need help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked Heer Dagger, need help
    P
    Many

Hi, yes, Eickhorn 4th model crossgaurd

?

Thanks Kevin23, do you also think that the dagger could be an unmarked Eickhorn manufactured piece?

?

This Eick is very late war, a mixture of Generic and Eickhorn parts. Quite scarce in fact with this config, albeit a little undesirable due to the poor construction ( pot metal, unmarked etc ) to an advanced collector. Could also be a parts assembly from two daggers although unlikely as all the parts are from the same timeframe.

?

Thanks Degens! Interesting! The other blogs helped me a lot. I just needed a little confirmation. I like it. It serves my purpose. Just a wall hanger... display piece and an example of a Heer Dagger...albeit an very late war Frankenstien. Still nice... I think..
    Thanks again.

Hi, I agree with Deggens, it is very late war dagger, but in my opinion this dagger is made up from various parts. Pommel is silvered example, certainly produced much more earlier than rest of dagger, it is WKC or Holler product. White grip is certainly plaster filled example made later in period. C. Eickhorn never used white grips except ivory, but his is not this case. Grip ring is Eickhorn product. Crossguard is textbook late war Eckhorn 4th. Scabbard is late war generic example. I´m almost sure that Eickhorn never use Generic scabbards, because he has a lot of own scabbard which he sold to other producers late in period ( we can see late Eickhorn scabbards on WKC or Unmarked daggers).

This is just my opinion.

Best regards

Peter

?

Peter. Thanks for your input. As you know, I used your informative thread as a guide. Thanks for the info and contribution.

Well, it is nice to hear that you use my Wehrmacht dagger collection thread And if you have opportunity to purchase better dagger leave this one. There are a lot of textbook Eickhorns or others daggers for reasonable prices. And don´t forget to ask here before you buy Sometimes its helps to save money!

Best regards

Peter