Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Value needed for Heer dagger

Article about: I would like to get a ballpark value for this dagger. WKC Solingen marked on the blade. Length of dagger is 14 1/2 inches long. I am thinking of listing it in the classifieds on this site or

robertk
    ?

Thank you to all for input and advice. I had found limited information on this dagger. It does not have a scabbard, all I have is the dagger. By cleaning, I meant that I used a liquid metal polish and soft cloth on the blade. That would be considered maintenance, in my mind. I have no pretensions that this is a collectible but rather an interesting piece from history. Originally I did attempt to post in the Daggers forum and somehow got in the Luftwaffe subforum.

I just noticed my heading was changed to Heer dagger. Thanks.

2. # ADS

?

Hi Robert,

by using a metal polisher you remove the original factory cross grain.
    That is taking away one of the most desirable features of a dagger.
    A dagger is valued alot by its blade, having no cross grain left makes it a non collectable dagger for a lot of collecters and would surely affects its price in a very negative way.

Certainly a liquid polisher is not maintenance desired by collectors.

Funny this post flipped between forums

Cheers,
    Ger

i agree that if the blade is that bad by grey spotting or pitting, then a Chrome polisher will indeed do no harm and would give it a more atractive look!

Honest mistake as I posted stuff in the wrong forum at times... But your Heer dagger was moved to the main forum
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2