Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Wehrmacht daggers collection

Article about: A beautiful army dagger Peter! I had the privilage to hold this one in my hands when I visited Ger a few weeks ago. Congretulations on adding this rare piece to your collection Danny

Hi,
    Kevin, sorry for my late reply - yes you are right, this dagger was made from light metal..., maybe in future we will be lucky to purchase one early with extra hand work done on crossguard

Thanks to everybody for kind comments! I really appreciated them.

Regards Peter

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht daggers collection
    P
    Many

Hi to all my friends, here is another example which I recently purchased. It is nice and untouched example - recent find in old house in Czech republic. I left the dagger as it is, so collectors which love examples in this state will like this photos. Pommel and crossguard are heavily patinated, and both are Generic "A" types. Lovely white grip is made from celuloid and it is not plaster filled! It looks almost like genuine ivory - just look at it - small cracks, brown spots - really pleasure for eyes. I admire this grip and I have to say, that first when I hold this dagger in my hand I believe it is real ivory! Blade is in almost full mint condition, only with minimal spots of age - scabbard and leather buffer protect this blade perfectly. The blade is marked with well known PUMA producer - we do not see this type of mark very often - and on last photo is my another dagger with different logo - just to compare. Scabbard is generic, by certainly made by PUMA, look at the throat and screws... Lower part of scabbard has some corrosion which damaged silver-plating too, but despite this fact, scabbard has no holes and is still strong - corrosion is only on the surface. I know, that it is very easy to replace this scabbard for another better - but this is cheating! I like dagger as it is, and it certainly has its own story.

I hope you will like a lot of photos which I attached, but I think this dagger deserve it!

Regards Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrmacht daggers collection   Wehrmacht daggers collection  

Wehrmacht daggers collection   Wehrmacht daggers collection  

Neat grip Peter! As you said, these screws sure do look "Puma" on the Generic scabbard. I agree this is an original pair. Kevin.

?

That is a nice find you got there Peter!
    Is a good grip and the fitting have a nice patina, and that scabbard...well you cant have it all Always.
    Its a nice addition to your collection!

Ger

Hi Peter..everyone loves a beauty queen..and a love story to go with it...namingly how it was found...you can never have enough..photos when viewing the daggers.

What I find romantic..is how and where it was found....a story like that can not be spoken here in the US..as the time period did not happen here, I would trade all my Militaria shows dagger find stories for One Genuine...found dagger in Europe..in an old home. That is the icing on the cake. Congrats on a great find Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

To some it might not matter an iota, but to me, its very important.
    The background/personal info is everything, but rare and often impossible to verify.
    Im vehemently with you on that one, Larry.
    People are different of course.

?

Beautiful dagger, Peter. Congrats.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Nice high quality detailed pics BTW.

Hi to all,
    thanks for kind comments. I really like dagger which has story behind them. I also as the person who sold this dagger to me for further information, but he didn´t answer yet....
    Larry each dagger, weapon or uniform which are authentic has it own secret, maybe in the end of times we find the truth
    I know that scabbard is not in best condition and certainly it can be replaced for better one - also generic, but that is cheating! All parts belongs together and when we replaced one damaged, we destroy integrity of dagger and that is crime

Again thanks for all comments, I really appreciated them.

Regards Peter

Hello dear friend here is my latest addition into Wehrmacht officer dagger collection. For this time it is early dagger made by Christianwerke Solingen with slant grip. Pommel is in perfect conditions shows very nice handwork of skilled Solingen worker, crossguard is 1st. E. Pack pattern also in good condition. Blade shows some usage and few spots, but nothing serious. Scabbard is also nice, with same patination and some handwork done on rings.

This dagger come from Ger, he was so kind and leave this dagger for me! Thanks for that, because there is no so many opportunities for purchasing Christianwerke daggers!

I like this dagger to much and I hope you will like pictures of it.

Regards Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrmacht daggers collection   Wehrmacht daggers collection  

?

Glad you like it Peter, but i knew that on before i shipped it
    The grip color is deeper/darker then the pics show, and i think its a real beauty!
    This is a very hard to find Slant and will be one of the center pieces of your Collection!
    Congratz on this beautiful Slant dagger.

Ger

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast