Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Wehrmacht daggers collection

Article about: A beautiful army dagger Peter! I had the privilage to hold this one in my hands when I visited Ger a few weeks ago. Congretulations on adding this rare piece to your collection Danny

?

Kevin,
    If you look closely you might be able to see the remains of another "3". Most of the time it is obliterated when they drilled the hole in the grip. I think the actual number was "236". Lovely WKC Peter, that pommel leaf work is superbly defined.
    Congrats.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht daggers collection
    P
    Many

Oh yes, I believe you are right Jon! Was some type of intentory or stock number on the end of the trolon bar stock..

?

Thx for showing this beauty Peter, beautiful early quality and a blade to die for!

Ger

Hi to all, thanks for friendly comments it is nice to hear that you like this early WKC army dagger.
    Kevin, sorry but I can´t move with pommel - and believe me I try, but it seems to be fixed to grip, so I can´t tell you if dagger is marked on grip I have only one marked grip on Alcoso 2nd. pattern dagger here are some photos, so you can compare it. I already post this Alcoso dagger in my thread, but not with photo of number on grip - so here is complete

Best regards Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrmacht daggers collection   Wehrmacht daggers collection  

Hello again, here is my second daggers, both marked Robert Klaas. So, lets start - first dagger with slant gripped Klaas, which is very interesting, it has all WKC fittings, we already know that Klaas use 3rd. WKC crossguards and pommels, but mostly with Type "B" grip, but this one is slant, so many collector thinks it is out of place, but I believe this combination is possible too! Pommel is textbook WKC frequently see with 3rd. pattern WKC crossguard, which has a lot of handwork done on it. Crossguard is very well defined, just look at Eagle´s chest and head with big punched eye. Wreath with swastika has some handwork done too. Blade is nice despite it has some spots, but despite that it is still very nice. Marker mark is high and whole blade is polished not nickel plated. Scabbard is Klaas product too with its typical scabbard rings. Now lets back to grip, it is in very nice condition, but pommel is fixed to blade tang (not to grip) so I can´t move with it. Other argument why I thing this grip was always with this dagger is that when dagger arrived to me porteppe was tied in front of the grip so when I moved it on right site when its belongs, I then I can see light patch, which was on the frond of the grip under the portepe. I took another photos with my mobile phone so I believe you can see it.
    Dagger is complete with to the piece hangers and portepe.

I hope you will like this dagger and I´m looking forward to your comments.

Best regards
    Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrmacht daggers collection   Wehrmacht daggers collection  

Wehrmacht daggers collection   Wehrmacht daggers collection  

Here is second Robi Klaas dagger. This one comes from Ger, and I like it too! Almost everything was said about this dagger here on forum so I just add my photos of daggers, hope you will like it too

Best regards

Peter

Wehrmacht daggers collection  

?

Hi Peter,

you have some lovely additions to your collection!
    That Slant Klaas is not common seen with this 3th WKC fittings, but looking at it it all breaths Klaas.
    I like that punched Eye and the block pattern on this Eagle, features Klaas used.
    The fact that it has a frozen pommel stands for its originality also.
    Looking at the lovely pommel, and the overall patina, it looks like this set has not been taking apart, which is also not possible without damage because it has a frozen pommel.
    its also not very likely that the grip is a later replacement, then it had a grip B or even a C, slant grips are rare, even then...

It is unusuall seeing this hardware with a Slant grip, but i can imagine they found a box with Slant grips stored and used them up....who can tell?
    I most say i like it very much, even if its not a textbook one, the enhancements are great!

What to say about you pack Klaas other then that i ve owned it and its a lovely piece of art.....that translucent/semi-glass grip is unique.

Enjoy these lovely daggers Peter!

Ger

Peter, Thanks for showing the grip end. Yes! just like my example from a WKC 1st fitted piece. Great to bring out these details isn't it?

The two Klaas daggers are as interesting as they are beautiful!! First example with the WKC 2nd fittings is the first I have seen set up like this. Amazing piece that as you say, shows all the correct Klaas traits. The swastika even apears to have a texture applied to it?? First rate hand work and a killer all around! (is it light metal or brass based hilt fittings?)

Second Klaas example is another rare anomoly! Yet again, undoubtedly Klaas.. they sure used alot of these "semi-glass" grips, love that deep glossy look! The Pack guard is a hand worked delight as is the more Klaas looking pommel. THANKS for showing both, just a pleasure to see!

Is there any end to the Klaas variations? Them and Voos as I have said before can be seen with so many fittings.. Great Hobby this Heer collecting is!! Kevin.
    P.S. .. great hangers too, love the leather topped ones.

Hi my friends,

sorry for my late reply, I have some problems with internet connection again in my new work Thanks a lot for your comments! It is nice to hear that you like both daggers.

Kevin, I´m not sure if fittings on Klaas dagger are zinc or brass, but they are heavily silvered, and quite heavy, so I rather think they are made from brass. Next time I post eisenkopf SMF from Gerrit

Best regards Peter

Hi my friends, here is my last dagger for this year I think Iron based SMF beauty, which comes from Ger! This dagger was already discuss on forum so here are just my photos. What is also interesting on this dagger is aluminum hanger, which is marked with little dot on buckles, have anybody idea why this dots are on buckle?

I hope you will like them!

Best regards

Peter

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast