MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Wehrmacht daggers collection

Article about: A beautiful army dagger Peter! I had the privilage to hold this one in my hands when I visited Ger a few weeks ago. Congretulations on adding this rare piece to your collection Danny

Peter, Congrats on this beauty! I like these early heavy fittings that must have pre-dated the lightweight fittings that SMF slants are known for. I wonder if they had a brass based as well as this magnetic crossguard? Thinking I saw a brass based guard once? Anyways, this is a super example, I really like the extra hand work to the wings upper edges! Kevin.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht daggers collection
    P
    Many

Hi to all my friends, here is my last addition into my collection. For this time it is early rare dagger made by F. W. Holler company. Dagger is complete with to the piece hanger and portepee. Crossguard is earl 2nd. Holler piece which is based on E. Pack guard, but if you look closer you will see unique crosguard with only Holler atributes - punched eye and handwork on eagle´s head. Pommel is Holler product to and has a lot of handwork done. Grip is Type "B" and is in nice yellow color with no damage, no flaws or dirt. Blade is real killer in stone mint condition. Blade is marked with Holler trademark and distributor marking, which is very interesting. Scabbard is textbook early product with punched acorns on rings. Dagger comes from Austria.

I hope all of you will like photos!

Finally I have Internet connection again in my new work, so I can be active in forum again.

Best regards

Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrmacht daggers collection   Wehrmacht daggers collection  

Wehrmacht daggers collection   Wehrmacht daggers collection  

?

Peter that is a true beauty!
    Love that typical Holler eagle, with that tool mark next to his eye!
    Lovely scabbard bands with enhanced ahorn, and a lovely pommel!
    Great to see a rare distributer marked blade, this is a gem!

Ger

Peter, great Holler with second type guard and fittings! I have been looking for one of these for a while. I was at the SOS in Louisville KY last week and my buddy Tom Kendall spotted one for me.. went over and asked to look at it, looked nice with all the hand work you want to see on these, pulled it out of the scabbard, sweet minty blade! Turned it over to look at that burnished Holler MM.... None! Unmarked..BUMMER! Deal Breaker! Well now you have heard my sob story.. congrats on a beauty Holler with a rare distributer mark! Best, Kevin.

Hello,
    Ger, I know you like this kind of daggers It is shame that I can´t afford to buy WKC 3rd type, it was very nice too, but maybe next time.
    Kevin, I saw several times unmarked Holler dagger with 2nd. type crossguard, I think it is most common Holler dagger with unmarked blade. If I have a choice I certainly purchase marked dagger instead of unmarked, but if there was only one example for good price I purchase it too I dream about chance to go around and purchase daggers on so big shows like Max, SOS and many others...

?

Well Peter i know you have another beauty to post....looking forward to that one!

?

These are the kind of daggers that I love! Beautiful patina, textbook, scarce crossguard, early production, distributor marked and a killer blade! What more can an army collector wish for. Thanks for showing

Best
    Danny

Ger, you are right! but first I have to go home and take same pictures of it
    Danny, I know what you talking about! Sometimes I have some luck to purchase this kind of daggers direct form family of veteran. I admire yours early daggers and love theirs untouched mint condition, in your thread are many nice dagger to see!

Peter

Hi my friends, here are some photos of my new dagger, which comes from Ger. It is nice Horster dagger with E. Pack´s fittings. Pommel and crossguard are textbook Pack and on both of them we can see a lot of handwork and about 70% of factory lacquer. Blade is real beauty in stone mint condition. Burnished trademark is clearly visible and 100% of original crossgrainng is still there. Scabbard is textbook Horster product with one center headless screw. Horster is common army dagger producer, but we do not see this dagger configuration very often. Now I just have to look for 1st. Horster with WKC fittings.

Hope you will like photos!

Best regards

Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrmacht daggers collection   Wehrmacht daggers collection  

Peter another addition to your wonderful Heer dagger collection. I agree a good Combination for Horster and often with the Pack Type-3 you see tons of lacquer clinging to the dagger. Your Holler/Durbeck piece is a real beauty and would be impossible to find a better Holler Type-2 example just look at the acorn detail to those scabbard bands the beautiful bird and of course Durbeck marked.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast