Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Wehrmacht daggers collection

Article about: A beautiful army dagger Peter! I had the privilage to hold this one in my hands when I visited Ger a few weeks ago. Congretulations on adding this rare piece to your collection Danny

Default Re: Wehrmacht daggers collection

Hi Peter...these last 3 pgs have been very resourceful..for the Heer dolch collector. Congratulations..it is now pinned at the top of the forum for reference. Please continue to post as much as you can of the various types of Heer dagger that you have. The WRF and myself,, thanks you for your contribution.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht daggers collection
    P
    Many

Hello friends,
    Ralph - Anton Wingen Jr. is my favorite marker too, but I only have this one dagger from this small company. I wish to own early example with slant grip, but it is really hard to find... and late too
    Larry - thanks a lot for your comment, it is really good to hear that you and this forum appreciate my thread with army daggers. I will continue to post dagger - only three left - but they are also very interesting examples. I have also six Luftwaffe dagger, so I can post pictures of them too, but I have to start new thread in Luftwaffe section.

Regards Peter

Hello, dear friends, here is another dagger from my collection. This dagger is textbook W.K.C. example despite it has unmarked blade. Dagger is quipped with last 3rd. style crossguard. Pommel, crossguard and scabbard are heavily silver plated. Scabbard is typical W.K.C.´s piece, - please notice oval-shaped throat opening. It is interesting for this producer, that collectors on today´s marked can observe a lot of examples with unmarked blades, these examples were probably sell by shops with uniforms - unmarked blade is nothing unusual. Despite this fact, we have many books and lot of web-sides and forums, still some idiots can say that "unmarked daggers are Spanish copy, because each dagger from Third Reich must have marker mark" So don´t believe them - STUDY!
    Crossguard has also very nice personalization "WS". Dagger is with authentic knot.

Thanks for your comments! And Larry thanks for pinned my thread on the top!

Hope you will like photos.

Regards Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrmacht daggers collection   Wehrmacht daggers collection  

Wehrmacht daggers collection   Wehrmacht daggers collection  

Hello friends, here is another army dagger from my collection - Wehrmacht officer dagger by wMw Waffen. A lot of collector know this small but very popular producer, Max Weyersberg didn´t produce daggers in large numbers, so each dagger is RARE and hard to find. Dagger which I show to you is very interesting - wMw Waffen used mostly Generic A crosguard, but this dagger has Generic B crosguard and pomel - I never saw dagger made by wMw Waffen with Generic B fittings. What is also interesting on this dagger is it marker mark - logo is stamped VERTICALLY and NOT horizontally!!! I never saw dagger made by wMw with vertically stamped logo - only 1st. model Luftwaffe daggers, but never Wehrmacht daggers - so if you have any experience with this producer, please let me know, I will certainly appreciated your opinion.
    Grip of this dagger is almost in red color and in obverse it has still rest of yellow tones. Scabbard is also generic, throat is retained with headless screws.
    Dagger is complete with to the piece very interesting "gold" hangers and knot. Dagger is left in untouched state, never been cleaned or took apart.
    Hope you will like photos! Thanks for your comments about this interesting dagger.
    Regards Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrmacht daggers collection   Wehrmacht daggers collection  

Wehrmacht daggers collection  

Hello, dear friends here is another Wehrmacht dagger from my humble collection - in my opinion very rare Gerb. Heller dagger. This producer is very popular because of it´s funny mark. Fittings of dagger are heavily silver-plated, pommel is typical Heller product and what is interesting on this pommel? There are no acorns between oak leaf!!! Crossguard is 1st. E. Pack - Heller probably purchase some parts from E. Pack company. Blade is nickel-plated and marked with balloon seller, which is looking for customers it also wear small hat on head - I don´t know why Heller choose this type of mark, but it is certainly funny! Scabbard is Eickhorn piece, but belongs to this dagger.

I like Heller´s army daggers, because this type of daggers show a lot of handword and very good quality.

I hope you like photos!

Regards Peter

Hello friends, here is my last army officer dagger made by H. Kolping. Dagger is in untouched condition, never been apart or cleaned. Crossguard is generic A type, very often used by this producer. Silvering is very nice and all on place. Hans Kolping did very nice work! Scabbard is generic type with no screws on throat - this is also typical for this producer. Grip of this dagger is outstanding! With its little cracks looks almost like ivory. Blade is marked with H. Kolping mark - popular beer mug
    Dagger is complete with to the piece hanger and knot.
    2nd. model Luftwaffe dagger is only to compare grips. These last three photos are in high resolution, so just zoom them if you want

Hope you like photos! And thanks for all comments

Best regards Peter

Beautiful Peter..this is a great thread of reference. I like the varied Pommel enhancings we see per maker...some of these pommels were hand enhanced at an extra cost. Rare to see grip also. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello Larry, thanks for your comment. For this time it is all of my Wehrmacht collection, now is time to show some LW daggers or K98 bayontes, or Austro-Hungarian

?

Great daggers Peter and thx for showing and sharing them with us here,

from what material is the white grip made?
    It looks like the late plastic over wood grip.
    Am I correct?

Cheers,
    Ger

Hi, Gerrit thanks for your comment. It is very hard to guess, if the grip has wood core. In this case 2nd. model Huftwaffe dagger has standard celluloid grip, without any core - I mean wood or another. I know it because I took the dagger apart several years ago. And grip is really heavy. If you want to see wood core dagger I show one here: Luftwaffe daggers collection - unmarked example - very similar Another plaster filed grip, which has crack, so you can see material under cover is here: Luftwaffe daggers collection - AWS marked dagger.

I never took apart H. Kolping dagger, so I can´t be totally sure, but it is same grip like Luftwaffe dagger - my opinion is that this grip is also celluloid not plaster filed. Many times it is necessary to inspect dagger by hands, but sometimes took apart dagger. Regards Peter

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast