Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Weyersberg Slant

Article about: After seeing Serge's excellent numbered Wyersburg's I had to dig out mine as well to see if there were any #'s. This dagger is frozen and in my opinion has never been apart.So I carefully se

?

Default Paul Weyersberg Slant

After seeing Serge's excellent numbered Weyersburg's I had to dig out mine as well to see if there were any #'s. This dagger is frozen and in my opinion has never been apart.So I carefully separated the leather buffer to see if there was GOLD-- No numbers -but a nice dagger--Weyersberg SlantWeyersberg SlantWeyersberg SlantWeyersberg SlantWeyersberg SlantWeyersberg Slant It lives in a display case in my office--
    Last edited by wiki; 01-04-2015 at 04:15 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Weyersberg Slant
    P
    Many

?

Wow, another absolute beauty. That one certainly deserves its own display case.
    What is unusual about this dagger is the trademark position, normally when you get a un-numbered Weyersburg, it will be slightly later production, after the firm had moved the trademark closer to the cross-guard. ( happened around dagger #350 going from a rather deteriorating memory! ).
    Not the first time I have seen this early config, and I am still not sure whether it means that the dagger was pre-numbering from Weyersburg or whether the 300+ that DID get numbered where just part of a specific consignment.

Great piece !
    Last edited by Degens; 12-25-2014 at 12:08 AM.

Beautiful dagger and excellent pictures ,congrats

great dagger,wheres your office.lol.

- - ------- - -

great dagger,wheres your office.lol.

Like Degens says, I am surprised that this daggers crossguard isn't numbered! Like to see close pics of the scabbard to see its traits.. the pommel is questionable to me as it looks like an Eickhorn product. Don't mean to be a downer, just an observation.. Kevin.

?

Quote by heers68 View Post
    Like Degens says, I am surprised that this daggers crossguard isn't numbered! Like to see close pics of the scabbard to see its traits.. the pommel is questionable to me as it looks like an Eickhorn product. Don't mean to be a downer, just an observation.. Kevin.
    Wiki, A great Weyersberg there. I agree with Degens. That one could still be numbered, but on the blade tang base. I recall Denny Roach mentioning that some very early ones (I don't recall the serial range he said), were numbered on the blade tang base and one was found serialized on the pommel. They all had the logo's where your is located.

However, I agree also with Kevin. That pommel doesn't look like one I have seen on a Weyersberg. Would like to see a close up of that and the cross guard. These are super quality daggers. They made very few early Heer daggers most with slant grips, and very few with the standard grip, and then BOOM ! They stopped. No Mid-period, or late produced daggers that I have ever seen. So I believe that 1935 was the only year of production of these and my guess is, probably not many more than 500 were produced.

Quote by wagner View Post
    Wiki, A great Weyersberg there. I agree with Degens. That one could still be numbered, but on the blade tang base. I recall Denny Roach mentioning that some very early ones (I don't recall the serial range he said), were numbered on the blade tang base and one was found serialized on the pommel. They all had the logo's where your is located.

However, I agree also with Kevin. That pommel doesn't look like one I have seen on a Weyersberg. Would like to see a close up of that and the cross guard. These are super quality daggers. They made very few early Heer daggers most with slant grips, and very few with the standard grip, and then BOOM ! They stopped. No Mid-period, or late produced daggers that I have ever seen. So I believe that 1935 was the only year of production of these and my guess is, probably not many more than 500 were produced.
    These early numbered Weyersbergs and Horsters can come all parts numbered to just one part numbered and everything in-between the parts you see numbers on are the pommel-grip-crossguard-blade tang I know for certain Horster made some early slants that were not numbered as well.

?

Default Requested pics--

So , I took some shots that have been requested- Showing the Weyersburg flaw in the scabbard. As well as the close up shots of what I think is an early WKC cross guard and what appears to be an Eick pommel. Did a little research- Found out that the logo location on this dagger dictated that it should be a numbered early one -
    Weyersberg SlantWeyersberg SlantWeyersberg SlantWeyersberg SlantWeyersberg Slant
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weyersberg Slant   Weyersberg Slant  

Weyersberg Slant  

?

I think it's a beauty! Even with the Eickhorn pommel. I also have an early slant grip army in the collection with a non textbook pommel. I will post it later when I get the time to take some pictures. Aside from the pommel your dagger is exactly the same as my early Weyersberg. Great piece

Danny

?

Default Found Gold

So thanks to a couple of members of our forum I carefully removed the leather washer completely- It was totally cemented to the cross guard . And,I found the #! It is either a "6" or a "9"- I am kind of leaning on it being the 6--After comparing the stamped #'s to Serge's - And thinking that they would stamp the cross guard with the eagle facing up or out-- Either way, A very LOW numbered early Weyersburg!

Weyersberg SlantWeyersberg Slant
    Last edited by wiki; 01-04-2015 at 03:59 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast