Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Weyersberg Slant

Article about: After seeing Serge's excellent numbered Wyersburg's I had to dig out mine as well to see if there were any #'s. This dagger is frozen and in my opinion has never been apart.So I carefully se

?

Default Workin it

So-- I have been lucky enough to find a original Pommel for #6-I have been lucky enough to find a replacement---Weyersburg #126. So, now I have to get the frozen Eick pommel off--Wagner-suggested I soak the pommel in Liquid wrench to loosen it up-----

Weyersberg Slant

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Weyersberg Slant
    P
    Many

?

Looking Good there Wiki. Don't forget a few sharp taps to the pommel in between soaks.

Congrats on finding a Weyersberg pommel.

?

Default Tappin - It

Bought the Mallet- Been Tappin it-- Got about a 1/4 inch playWeyersberg Slant

I would be afraid that the Liquid wrench could be harsh on the grip.. especially if it is on the grip for an extended time! Discolor it or break down the celluloid.. have you tried a hair dryer on the pommel? That has worked for me a few times and no chemicals. Kevin.

?

Kevin - Tried the hairdryer-- Nothing! The level of the liquid wrench is right at the top of the pommel- So I am hoping nothing will go wrong! But I am worried about the celluloid----Stressing!!!

Well if you have some motion, you cant be far from success! Good luck. Kevin.

?

I agree with heers68 on this one. WD 40 was used as an Jet engine preservative for years until it was found to evaporate and leave a nasty brownish sticky residue. It is hydrated/water and when the water evaporates this was found. Now this was military use and it took years before this was found out and since this discovery it was no longer used. I would make a type of heatsink/shield that would protect the grip but allow you to apply heat to the pommel directs. But keeping in the temp that will not damage the celluloid.

I was a major fan of WD until I found this out with first hand experience while I was into making knives.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Quote by wiki View Post
    Kevin - Tried the hairdryer-- Nothing! The level of the liquid wrench is right at the top of the pommel- So I am hoping nothing will go wrong! But I am worried about the celluloid----Stressing!!!
    Keep doing the 'back n' forth' twist. then soak, then twist, then repeat. Your almost home..... YES....GOOD LUCK !

I think the grip will be OK. Good thing the pommel was to be replaced anyway.
    I can't wait to see your new pommel mated on this lovely dagger.

?

Quote by wagner View Post
    Keep doing the 'back n' forth' twist. then soak, then twist, then repeat. Your almost home..... YES....GOOD LUCK !

I think the grip will be OK. Good thing the pommel was to be replaced anyway.
    I can't wait to see your new pommel mated on this lovely dagger.
    I hope it does turn out well because I'm talking about my 30 years of using WD and this info was share to me by a Jet engine mechanic/tech that was 20 years my senior. I'm not worried about the pommel but the celluloid grip changing colors when the WD soaks into it. It happens with various material from stone to micarta .
    Wagner have you done this and looked at the material after years of this application and seen no change?
    Just my 2 centavos on this subject.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Default Success

Got to say- I was stressing this one- But thanks to all of the dagger guys in this forum--Got it off-And surprise!!!! 6's everywhere- How about that six on the handle! Hand inscribed in 1935!!!Tomorrow- STEVE WOLFE'S to pick up the new pommel-- He has three to choose from and thanks to DR73- I know exactly which one I need. Soaking the tang to get off all the rust---Got to love this hobby!!!! Haven't had this much fun since I built my first motor-Or tried----
    B

-----Weyersberg SlantWeyersberg SlantWeyersberg SlantWeyersberg SlantWeyersberg Slant

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast