Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Wingen Army Dagger.Original?

Article about: Hello, friends. I have a question. What do you think about originality of this dagger?

Default Wingen Army Dagger.Original?

Hello, friends.
    I have a question. What do you think about originality of this dagger?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wingen Army Dagger.Original?   Wingen Army Dagger.Original?  

Wingen Army Dagger.Original?   Wingen Army Dagger.Original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wingen Army Dagger.Original?
    P
    Many

Welcome to the WRF mate ,judging by the Trade mark i would say this was an original nice condition late production Heer but we could do with a few more photo's, can't wait to see what the experts think.Cheers Paul

looks ok to me.

I'm sure someone will be a long soon with an expert opinioncheers Paul

?

Welcome to the Forum!!!

First glance the makers mark looks to be good to me. As mentioned looks like a later war production. Crossguard, Pommel and Scabbard look to be proper. Some close up pictures of crossguard, pommel & ferrule would be helpful for further analysis. Something about oak leaves on pommel and scabbard look a little off to me but it is most likely my eyes being paranoid or the photos. I would allow Danny, Gerrit, Larry and others to weigh in as well for further confirmation. It is probably a good one in my assessment.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Greetings Dolan!, Sorry I didn't notice your post earlier! A few more photos would be helpful, but s far, I'm not seeing anything immediately amiss with your Wingen Army dagger. The crossguard is the proper Wingen 2nd Type and the rest looks correct as well from what is shown. The grip is particularly nicely toned orange and the portapee looks good as well. No red flags flying on this one.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

additional photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wingen Army Dagger.Original?   Wingen Army Dagger.Original?  

Wingen Army Dagger.Original?   Wingen Army Dagger.Original?  

and last