Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

WKC Army Dagger - Very good condition

Article about: Ladies & Gentlemen, This is the latest dagger in my collection. It's a WKC Army dagger, with Type 3 Crossguard (Wittmanns Ref.). The condition is very good. I don't think any other dagge

Default WKC Army Dagger - Very good condition

Ladies & Gentlemen,

This is the latest dagger in my collection.
    It's a WKC Army dagger, with Type 3 Crossguard (Wittmanns Ref.).

The condition is very good.
    I don't think any other dagger in my collection reaches this level
    (When it comes to condition).

Yours Truly
    Chris, Sweden
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WKC Army Dagger - Very good condition   WKC Army Dagger - Very good condition  

WKC Army Dagger - Very good condition   WKC Army Dagger - Very good condition  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WKC Army Dagger - Very good condition
    P
    Many

Chris, Very nice condition indeed! This is what is refered to now as the type 2 WKC fittings. This one looks early as the scabbard still has the two throat screws, most of these are seen with the single screw. I would also guess that this one has heavy brass based fittings instead of the later light metal that these are also seen with? Check the scabbard, good chance it is non magnetic brass based also. Check the tang under the grip, is it a tapered tang? (WKC was transitioning to non tapered tang while using these fittings)Congrats! Kevin.

Quote by heers68 View Post
    Chris, Very nice condition indeed! This is what is refered to now as the type 2 WKC fittings. This one looks early as the scabbard still has the two throat screws, most of these are seen with the single screw. I would also guess that this one has heavy brass based fittings instead of the later light metal that these are also seen with? Check the scabbard, good chance it is non magnetic brass based also. Check the tang under the grip, is it a tapered tang? (WKC was transitioning to non tapered tang while using these fittings)Congrats! Kevin.
    The scabbard fittings are magnetic.
    The tang is a tapered tang.

Chris very nice WKC Type-2 I really like this pommel you usually see it with this crossguard. A good friend refers to it as the pom-leaf pommel.

Lovely pumpkin grip :-)

?

Chris another great addition to your collection
    A realy good looking fellar!

Thx for showing

Ger