Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

You don't see this very often.....Grafrath Heeres Offiziersdolch

Article about: Here is an Army that is Rarely seen. Made by Gebr Grafrath. Only one I've ever owned or seen. Small cottage maker that bought fittings from "others". The fittings on this dagger ar

djr
    ?

Default You don't see this very often.....Grafrath Heeres Offiziersdolch

Here is an Army that is Rarely seen. Made by Gebr Grafrath. Only one I've ever owned or seen. Small cottage maker that bought fittings from "others". The fittings on this dagger are from EPack who was a Huge supplier of fittings to the industry at that time.

This dagger has 1st style EPack fittings and scabbard, tapered blade tang, and slant grip.

I think Grafrath made/assembled Army daggers early, starting in 1935, and didn't stay long, but changed to other pursuits as the war loomed... How Many? I can't see any maker/assembler making a run less than 100 or 200, but that's my idea only and I have zero proof to back it up.
    DJ
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture You don't see this very often.....Grafrath Heeres Offiziersdolch   You don't see this very often.....Grafrath Heeres Offiziersdolch  

2. # ADS

?

Default re: You don't see this very often.....Grafrath Heeres Offiziersdolch

Denny - Must be a rare maker and in outstanding condition - are there any makers you dont have??

Horst

?

Quote by djr View Post
    Here is an Army that is Rarely seen.
    DJ
    Denny, it is not "rarely seen", it is extremly rare!
    This is the one and only I have ever seen since I started collecting.

Congratulation!

Janos

djr
    ?

There are at least two guys around here that recognize "rarity" when they see it.
    DJ

djr
    ?

I own an Army made by CD Schaff (Old Salt/sailor) that is pretty hard to find as well. Will try to find a pic to post or take more. SUPER rare, as is the Grafrath.....
    DJ

My parents have one of those, at the end of the war my grandfather was billeted in Germany as part of the RAF, the owner of the house said that a German General had burried something in the back yard, he went out back and dug up four swords, army, navy and two airforce, anyway, one of them is this one.. I"ll get my father to take a pic when they are back from Vacation.
    FB

Hi DJR

Indeed an extremely rare maker, thx for sharing this on our forum...

Greetz

Nick VR