Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

2nd Pattern Fairbairn and Sykes dagger, Indian issue

Article about: Recently purchased, a 2nd Pattern S-F dagger. Apparently allright, with the FS logo etched on the ricasso, but still the cross guard seem a bit too thick to me, and the markings on the hilt

Default 2nd Pattern Fairbairn and Sykes dagger, Indian issue

Recently purchased, a 2nd Pattern S-F dagger. Apparently allright, with the FS logo etched on the ricasso, but still the cross guard seem a bit too thick to me, and the markings on the hilt and the crossguard are very crude... as long as I know, the broad arrow should point to the corner of the cross guard and not be "upward": any hints? Thank you in advance for your knowledge!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd Pattern Fairbairn and Sykes dagger, Indian issue   2nd Pattern Fairbairn and Sykes dagger, Indian issue  

2nd Pattern Fairbairn and Sykes dagger, Indian issue   2nd Pattern Fairbairn and Sykes dagger, Indian issue  

Attached Images Attached Images 2nd Pattern Fairbairn and Sykes dagger, Indian issue  2nd Pattern Fairbairn and Sykes dagger, Indian issue  2nd Pattern Fairbairn and Sykes dagger, Indian issue  2nd Pattern Fairbairn and Sykes dagger, Indian issue  2nd Pattern Fairbairn and Sykes dagger, Indian issue  2nd Pattern Fairbairn and Sykes dagger, Indian issue  2nd Pattern Fairbairn and Sykes dagger, Indian issue 

?

Default Re: 2nd Pattern Fairbairn and Sykes dagger, Indian issue

If you want to know the ins and outs of FS knives both pre,during and post WW2 then Roy is the man to talk too....royshadbolt@me.com

?

Very nice 2nd pattern FS by the way...nice and salty...hopefully i can invest in one soon...

Good website about the FS and other knives

Gothia Arms Historical Society

Regards

Richie

Thank you gentlemen! according to the web pages you've been so kind to refer me to, blade seems to be all right as the F-S logo is concerned, hilt, handle and cross guard seem also to be genuine, still some doubts remain as for the poor quality of the Broad Arrow markings ....

Here is my India FS marked cross guard to compare against.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd Pattern Fairbairn and Sykes dagger, Indian issue  
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

rvr
    ?

Sorry to say, but this is a fake 2nd Pattern. Wrong FS logo and stamped in stead of etched, wrong broad arrows, wrong hilt type.. Seen a few of them for sale on ebay last year.. Please contact Roy Shadbolt about the knife, he is one of the leading FS experts.

Regards, Ruben