Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

3rd Pattern FS knife

Article about: Hi Guys, here is my third pattern "FS" knife. As you can see it is in nice condition as is the leather scabbard. I purchased this example from a Veteran who did his National Servic

Default Re: 3rd Pattern FS knife

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Mike, nice to see you here, welcome!

No, in actual fact, I did not know this info, so many thannks!

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks for the welcome Ade. I first spotted this place a while back but for whatever reason I didn't register at the time and then lost the link and just kinda forgot about it. I was mooching around looking for something on Google about Jack Knives when this popped up again and so I registered...and made sure I saved the url this time!!
    Just had a quick look around but it looks a good forum!

Dutchy357
    ?

Hi Guys

Just a couple of FS's from my collection.

I try and collect only knives that have a connection with the Australian Military Forces (all services).

Regards Dutchy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3rd Pattern FS knife   3rd Pattern FS knife  

Hi Dutchy, they are both interesting examples you show.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Guys,just thought you'd like to know that the words you can't read under the RODGERS stamp says I CUT MY WAY and was the logo used on most of thier post war knives.AS for 3rd patt sheaths i have found with a few exceptions that early sheaths had the leather hanger part stiched to the tube part with a thick brown thread,and later versions were joined with hollow brass tube rivets.Almost all post war sheaths are joined there with a solid domed steel or chromed rivet.You can find early chapes of steel or brass with a flat bottom that have a rivet to either the front or the rear and brass flat bottom chapes that only have a brass staple to the rear.You will find that all the late war brass round bottom chapes have a brass rivet to the rear.
    Steve.

Hi Again,i just managed to take some pics to show differences.The 1st chape is early brass flat bottom and attached with a brass staple,these chapes are normally found with the sewn hanger,and are most usually found with Wilkinson made knives.The 2nd is what i thought was a brass flat bottomed chape but on checking it appears to be steel with a brass coating and blackened and is next to a similar one that does not have the brass coating and is blued instead.The 4th shows the late war brass round bottomed type attached with a brass rivet.The other pic shows the two types of war time hanger connections[notice the typical hollow rivets]
    Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3rd Pattern FS knife   3rd Pattern FS knife  

3rd Pattern FS knife  

Hi Ade,

Could you possibly tell me the approximate price of a second pattern FS Dagger please? I have had an original in my collection for years but haven't a clue what it would be worth.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve, I am really out of touch with current market values but I expect it to be in the region of £250 +

Cheers, Ade.

Ya know years ago when I was young I threw one of the F/s Knives at a tree over and over. I finally missed and the knife went into the woods. I couldnt find it and I guess it sits there still. Funny this old stuff we now collect used to be just old sh*t we didnt really care about. I used musette bags for back packs.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Steve, I am really out of touch with current market values but I expect it to be in the region of £250 +

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade,

Thanks for that

Steve

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3