Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Auction find! 2nd Pattern Fairbairn Sykes knife....

Article about: I was at an auction this weekend, for glass and brass, and came across this little gem in a display case. I have a half way decent bayonet collection, and thought a F/S knife would look nice

Default Auction find! 2nd Pattern Fairbairn Sykes knife....

I was at an auction this weekend, for glass and brass, and came across this little gem in a display case. I have a half way decent bayonet collection, and thought a F/S knife would look nice in the case as well. I don't think the crowd or auctioneer new exactly what it was, but myself and someone in the back row did. Had to go a little over budget, at my wife's insistance luckily, and got it for a good price....Looks to be in great shape. It's stamped /I\ B2, and England. It has had a leather loop added at the top to secure it I guess some time in it's life. The only other downside is the tip has a slight bend in it (looks like someone was prying something). I'm really happy with it and thought I would share....
    Auction find! 2nd Pattern Fairbairn Sykes knife....Auction find! 2nd Pattern Fairbairn Sykes knife....Auction find! 2nd Pattern Fairbairn Sykes knife....Auction find! 2nd Pattern Fairbairn Sykes knife....Auction find! 2nd Pattern Fairbairn Sykes knife....Auction find! 2nd Pattern Fairbairn Sykes knife....

Hello And welcome to the forum!
    It appears to be a nice well used second pattern. Congrats!
    You are correct, the strap is a replacement.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

thats a nice one. looks genuine enough, but i havent seen "England" stamped on a 2nd pattern before.

Quote by Axium View Post
    thats a nice one. looks genuine enough, but i havent seen "England" stamped on a 2nd pattern before.
    From what I've read these England stamped guards were exported as surplus after the war. Second and third patterns have been known to have them. Very nice blade.

Good looking dagger.
    Here in the states, "England" stamped #2s are more common than those
    without the stamp.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Very nice dagger - Congrats.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Thumbs up from this corner

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

There's Alwaysssss One guy in an auction crowd that you'd like to shoot! Very nice find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Just curious, do you have the normal Wilkinson Sword etching or the longer(taller) one? i have a W.S. 2nd pattern with the long etching, heard they ware somewhat rare.

Unfortunately mines been machined back to the original steel color ruining some of the etching, but i got it back to a mirror finis and razor edge as mr. Fairbairn would have liked.

and congratulations again, very nice example.

Hi Axium, this knife does not have the etched blade, typical for the B2 marked ones. And yes, you're correct that the longer etching is definitely scarcer.

Cheers, Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast