Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

British commando dagger

Article about: Hi, I beg to differ with Time Bandit about the F/S, knives having no markings, the military issue knives have markings across the quillion ( hand guard ) i have an unissued Nato issue knife.

Default Re: British commando dagger

I agree with comments Ade and John have made.
    Post-war 3rd pattern dagger.

Did it come with a sheath ?
    Regards,

Steve.

thats what I was talking about, mine has the I I mark with an arrow -sorta, but it only has England on the handgauard, but it doesn't have that line down the sides of the handle, I said it looked close to my type 2, just wish I could put pic's up.

Hi Marty, an "England" only stamp will indicate it was imported into the USA after the war as surplus. These had to be stamped like that to show the country of origin.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Blackpowder44 View Post
    If your knife has only Sheffield England on it and no other markings it is not a military issue one but one of the thousands sold to knife dealers all over the U>K>and abroad.Some will try to tell you that it would have no W>D. Arrow so as to be a "Sterile" knife. Total rubbish because if you think our enemies hadnt captures a few of these knives and circulated the info yoare in dream land. John.
    The current 'issue' one has no markings on it at all, the only markings are a MoD stores label and makers label on the box, or that's the case with the one I have anyhow.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British commando dagger   British commando dagger  

British commando dagger   British commando dagger  

British commando dagger   British commando dagger  

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I agree with comments Ade and John have made.
    Post-war 3rd pattern dagger.

Did it come with a sheath ?
    no.

?

Quote by crazy horse View Post
    thats what I was talking about, mine has the I I mark with an arrow -sorta, but it only has England on the handgauard, but it doesn't have that line down the sides of the handle, I said it looked close to my type 2, just wish I could put pic's up.
    thanks..oh well, didnt lose too much money! $60

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Marty, an "England" only stamp will indicate it was imported into the USA after the war as surplus. These had to be stamped like that to show the country of origin.

Cheers, Ade.
    thanks Ade, yeah I knew that , because I have an old sheath also, with the rivet at the bottom, it is also stamped England, but they messed up & stamped it once right on the stitching, so they had to re- stamp it, the elastic at top is so old there is only maybe 1/2 inch left on it, plus the tip has been damaged & resharpened a long time ago. but you know I trust your word all the way, thanks again.
    regards Marty

Quote by Time Bandit View Post
    The current 'issue' one has no markings on it at all, the only markings are a MoD stores label and makers label on the box, or that's the case with the one I have anyhow.
    man , that is a new one, you can buy those from well guess I can't say a company name on here, but I know where you can get those for the huge price of 3 knives for $5.00 U.S. all with those new sheaths, I have one, I use it to throw for practice

Quote by crazy horse View Post
    man , that is a new one, you can buy those from well guess I can't say a company name on here, but I know where you can get those for the huge price of 3 knives for $5.00 U.S. all with those new sheaths, I have one, I use it to throw for practice
    Yup, it's a new one but it's the proper military issue one - the stores label is still on the box - and Eggingtons (it's their makers label on the box) reckon that it most likely disappeared out of the back door of some MOD stores at some point.
    Eggingtons said they make two versions of the current FS knife - one for the military and one in a slightly different specification that are sold commercially.

Quote by Time Bandit View Post
    Yup, it's a new one but it's the proper military issue one - the stores label is still on the box - and Eggingtons (it's their makers label on the box) reckon that it most likely disappeared out of the back door of some MOD stores at some point.
    Eggingtons said they make two versions of the current FS knife - one for the military and one in a slightly different specification that are sold commercially.
    I meant no disrespect, like I said I have a new one I bought, but this co. also does have the current military issue & they are more than 3 for 5 bucks, but I didn't want to get one of those to throw for practice.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast