MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Commando dagger 3rd patern 21 broad-arrow, extra info needed

Article about: I'm looking to sell this knife to a friend of mine and he has asked for extra info. Sadly I don't know much about British goods and was hoping for some guidance! Is this ww2 or post-war, pos

Default Commando dagger 3rd patern 21 broad-arrow, extra info needed

I'm looking to sell this knife to a friend of mine and he has asked for extra info. Sadly I don't know much about British goods and was hoping for some guidance!
    The band is sadly missing from the sheath. No visible numbers at the top of the handle, should I expect to see 1, 2, 3 or 4?

Is this ww2 or post-war, possible datings... is it legitimate?

Many Thanks,
    Clark

?

Hi Clark , at first viewing it looks to have a nice early hand ground blade as verified by the small triangular shape adjacent to the crossguard . I would like to see more close up pics with some of the scabbard front and rear .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Very much appreciated!
    Extensive pictures of the scabbard:

Commando dagger 3rd patern 21 broad-arrow, extra info needed Commando dagger 3rd patern 21 broad-arrow, extra info needed

Commando dagger 3rd patern 21 broad-arrow, extra info needed Commando dagger 3rd patern 21 broad-arrow, extra info needed

Quote by Alan M View Post
    Hi Clark , at first viewing it looks to have a nice early hand ground blade as verified by the small triangular shape adjacent to the crossguard .
    This trait, and the fact that it has a ringed cast grip would make it a war time third pattern.
    You can find out just about anything about Wilkinson FS knives on this site.
    The Wilkinson Third Pattern F-S
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Cheers for that, is there a reason why my knife doesn't have a number (1, 2, 3 or 4) on the hand grip?