Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Etched fairbairn

Article about: Hi guys my quest for a FS continues. ive found one here looks nice 3rd patter with an etched blade. i just want to know if you thinks its going to be just war/post war or recent copy present

Default Etched fairbairn

Hi guys my quest for a FS continues. ive found one here looks nice 3rd patter with an etched blade. i just want to know if you thinks its going to be just war/post war or recent copy presented to a soldier. its listed at £195 but ive rang him and hopfully be able to barter it down. let me know what you think. unfortunately my area is bayonets and british kit (not including FS knives lol) the scabard is just to complete the set and is new as stated.
    Etched fairbairnEtched fairbairnEtched fairbairnEtched fairbairn

Default Re: Etched fairbairn

It's just a commemorative knife made by Frank Mills & Co. They were bought out by Nowill's in the 50's and ran until sometime in the 70's. They never produced issue knives.

If it were me I'd let it pass, it has no real connection with service issued pieces and is too expensive as well, not for me I'm afraid.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Default Re: Etched fairbairn

well he said hed go down to £150. which isnt too bad. but i can see what you mean. if im after a real issue knife im better off waiting and getting a 3rd pattern for definite. tbh i quite like the etching though i would be getting it for more commemorative value rather than real issue which id get a different one.
    cheers for the info though ive not been able to find any info at all on it