Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

F-S Knife with Wooden Hilt - Any ideas?

Article about: Can anyone shed some light on this? The guard is marked with a broad arrow and '42' Overall the knife measures 11-1/2" and the blade measures 6-7/8" The "Square" section

Default F-S Knife with Wooden Hilt - Any ideas?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

The guard is marked with a broad arrow and '42'

Overall the knife measures 11-1/2" and the blade measures 6-7/8"

The "Square" section of hilt measures 7/8"

There is some light corrosion on the blade and the guard as can be seen in the photos.

F-S Knife with Wooden Hilt - Any ideas?F-S Knife with Wooden Hilt - Any ideas?F-S Knife with Wooden Hilt - Any ideas?F-S Knife with Wooden Hilt - Any ideas?F-S Knife with Wooden Hilt - Any ideas?F-S Knife with Wooden Hilt - Any ideas?F-S Knife with Wooden Hilt - Any ideas?F-S Knife with Wooden Hilt - Any ideas?

The /l\ 42 is a known mark found on war time FS knives. However the wood handle
    is most likely done by the vet who carried it or done post war for whatever reason.

I tend to think it was done by the vet who carried it. It's a unique variation that would
    fit with most FS collections.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I agree with Greg.
    Nice piece!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for the comments guys, I forgot to say that the knife will be for sale, so any idea of its value would also be helpful, as I have been unable to find anything similar that has been sold in the past.

Many thanks.

Quote by malvernGCS View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys, I forgot to say that the knife will be for sale, so any idea of its value would also be helpful, as I have been unable to find anything similar that has been sold in the past.

Many thanks.
    Sorry, we are not a free evaluation service.
    This knife has no maker's mark, no sheath, not the original handle, corrosion to the blade and guard as stated by you. That being said, I would be surprised if you could get $200.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It could even be a second market knife assembled from left over parts with a home made grip made for it. A shame we will likely never know for sure. I do like it,though but wish that it still had it's sheath-if it ever had one,that is.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Default Photos of the sheath

Photos of the sheath:

F-S Knife with Wooden Hilt - Any ideas?F-S Knife with Wooden Hilt - Any ideas?

Default Found another one!

Found this on the following site:

British Commando Knife

Sorry for the duplicate photo - I can't seem to get rid of the second one!
    Attached Images Attached Images F-S Knife with Wooden Hilt - Any ideas?  F-S Knife with Wooden Hilt - Any ideas? 

Interesting. Apparently, even the website people have no solid idea as to what to make of these knives.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

As the second one is shown on a Dutch site ,could it be a knife the Dutch used post war made from wartime parts , its just odd to me that two knifes that look the same pattern turn up

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast