MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

fairbairn-sykes fighting knife leather scabbard.

Article about: hello everyone!!!Any thoughts on this fighting knife and leather scabbard???Thank u...(sorry for photo quality)

Default fairbairn-sykes fighting knife leather scabbard.

hello everyone!!!Any thoughts on this fighting knife and leather scabbard???Thank u...(sorry for photo quality)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture fairbairn-sykes fighting knife leather scabbard.   fairbairn-sykes fighting knife leather scabbard.  

fairbairn-sykes fighting knife leather scabbard.   fairbairn-sykes fighting knife leather scabbard.  

fairbairn-sykes fighting knife leather scabbard.   fairbairn-sykes fighting knife leather scabbard.  

Sheath is a 'custom' home-made job. The knife looks to be
    a comercial type of more recent vintage, IMO.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Definitely not ww2 issue.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

in many internet stores sell this model replica.
    I'll show you mine without the black cover when the shopping comes unsharpened.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture fairbairn-sykes fighting knife leather scabbard.   fairbairn-sykes fighting knife leather scabbard.  

Certainly post-WWII as shown by the makers' name and also the mould-line through the handle ribbing. As has been said above, the sheath is unusual and may have been custom-made by a previous owner.

more information how use it
    Fairbairn-Sykes Fighting Knife - YouTube
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture fairbairn-sykes fighting knife leather scabbard.  

I have often wondered to what extent these knives were used and carried post- war. Funnily enough, I was watching an old film about the Korean War called War Hunt yesterday, the psychopathic character in that carried an FS........ not that that is historically relevant.

?

James funny you should say. That I got issued one for Afghan back in 2008. I thought to myself if I'm using this something has gone wrong! When I'm carrying a C8 rifle & Sigg pistol.So it has sat in a box doing nothing since then.. Cheers Terry.

I was sort of hoping you might chime in Terry So you were actually issued one? Thats interesting. Is it a fairly modern made one, or part of an old stock do you think? Cheers.

?

We didn't sign for them just something that was handed along with tonnes of other kit. But just something I thought a little strange to be having!!!It is a modern day knife & where from I haven't a clue??.. Probably private purchase by the regiment when they had a brain fart lol...Cheers Terry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast