Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

FS 2nd Pattern Etched

Article about: Well, it's official, I've got the bug! Why can't I just have one of something (except an understanding wife). I came across this sitting behind the register of my local shop, and couldn't sa

Default FS 2nd Pattern Etched

Well, it's official, I've got the bug! Why can't I just have one of something (except an understanding wife). I came across this sitting behind the register of my local shop, and couldn't say no. Can I get some opinions from the membership. Is this a 2nd pattern with a blackened handle and polished blade? I know the blade shows some discolour, but I don't think it was the black blade. Were these transition pieces between the early 2nd full polished and the later full blackened? Was it a case of using the blades they had around combined with the new blackened handles? Let me know what you think. Thanks for your time....

FS 2nd Pattern EtchedFS 2nd Pattern EtchedFS 2nd Pattern EtchedFS 2nd Pattern EtchedFS 2nd Pattern EtchedFS 2nd Pattern Etched

Congrats!
    I just can't seem to get enough of these either.
    l believe it is a second pattern with a blued handle and hilt with a polished blade. My latest example has been posted here.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/fairb...-knife-419615/
    You should be able to find out just about anything you want to know about Wilkinson FS knives here.
    F-S knife history
    I have had this site bookmarked for some time now.
    Ralph.
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-04-2015 at 03:45 AM.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Nice find
    Congratulations
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.