Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

FS fighting knife first pattern

Article about: Hey guys I'm new to this forum. Been reading this forum for a couple years now. Thought I'd share a couple of my items that I have so far in my collection. This dagger was my grandfathers. H

Default FS fighting knife first pattern

Hey guys I'm new to this forum. Been reading this forum for a couple years now. Thought I'd share a couple of my items that I have so far in my collection. This dagger was my grandfathers. He was a British commando in World War 2. Who brought this dagger back which was issued to him. It was past down to my father who just passed it on to me not too long ago. Within the first 10 minutes I had looked up the markers and found out it was first pattern FS fighting knife. I started to read some information to my dad well this dagger which we both didn't have an idea on too much of its history other than it was issued to my grandpa. Found out it was quite cool dagger. I love it, after reading about it I was so excited to own a piece of my family's history. Man that looks like a deadly dagger! Definitely well made dagger. Extremely solid. Anyways here's some pictures. Done with my phone so best that i could get.
    - Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture FS fighting knife first pattern   FS fighting knife first pattern  

FS fighting knife first pattern   FS fighting knife first pattern  

FS fighting knife first pattern   FS fighting knife first pattern  

?

Nice looking knife. Congrats. I really want one of these.

That's a great dagger and having the family connection makes it even better.
    Congrats and welcome to the forum.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    That's a great dagger and having the family connection makes it even better.
    Congrats and welcome to the forum.
    I'll second that!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Very nice, the 1st pattern is the "Rolls Royce" of FS knives and being a family item is an extra bonus!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!