Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

FS knives: Which to keep?

Article about: They're both post war production pieces, the other one is made under the name of John Nowill & Sons, but both of these makers have existed in name only for a long while, both being produ

Default re: FS knives: Which to keep?

They're both post war production pieces, the other one is made under the name of John Nowill & Sons, but both of these makers have existed in name only for a long while, both being produced by up to two or three other companies at the same time! The Nowill one is actually slightly closer to the original design, as the handle on the Rodgers knife is slimmer than originals.

Both knives are well made, and the balance is pretty good, but neither are worth more than £20-25 tops IMO. So maybe just keep 'em, as already suggested by the majority?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Default re: FS knives: Which to keep?

Many thanks for the comments guys. Maybe I should go with the majority and keep both lol.

Default Re: FS knives: Which to keep?

If you had to sell one of them then keep the one in the best condition. Although they are post-WW2, all patterns seem to be less available nowadays and values are increasing. Regards, Clive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2