Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Is this a genuine F-S Fighting Knife?

Article about: Hello, It looks good to me, but I'm no expert. I was hoping one of you guys could help me. If it's real, I think this is the earliest issue? Thanks, Annoyed from this ads?   Lou

I'm a small business owner and someone had contacted me about a British "knife". We met up and he told me a British "Soldier" gave this item to his Grandmother, who was a nurse during WWII. He believes he was sweet on her. So she brought it to the States and passed it down to her grandson. That's how I ended up with it. To be honest, I don't have any emotional attachment to it and would love for it to go to a home of a collector who could truly cherish this piece. Since yesterday I've had others make me offers on it for around the same price, but they're all overseas. I'm not sure if I'm crossing a line here, but I would love to sell it to someone in the USA at a fair price to both myself and the collector. I would hate for this to get "lost" in the mail.

Thank you all for helping me with this knife. I have come to an agreement with a member of these forums. If he wants to identify himself I'll leave that up to him. I'll update this thread once the transaction has been completed.

The one that got away. Sadly, I’d been tied up for a couple of days when the thread was started. Congratulations to the new owner on acquiring a truly superb example . If there was a green 'smiley' icon for envy I'd be using it (and it wouldn't be smiling!).

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    The one that got away.
    Tony,
    I know exactly how you feel. I really liked this one and was just
    not in a position to go for it.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Tony,
    I know exactly how you feel. I really liked this one and was just
    not in a position to go for it.
    Likewise.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It also would have taken some stretching to afford. But this would have been an un-upgradable upgrade to my existing 1st pattern, which is a well used survivor. It holds center position in my humble collection of various F-S patterns known to have been issued to the Polish commandos and paratroops. As with several other things, the hunt will have to continue. And I'll once again work at convincing myself that the thrill is supposed to be in the chase . . .

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

I bought my first FS in 1973 for $14 and have been
    trying to collect them ever sense. I have 6 and still
    no 1st pattern.

The thrill is in the chase.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Greg, you've been in the hunt quite a bit longer than me. I picked up my first one by chance about six years ago. The second one came along with 1st Polish Independent Parachute Brigade vet's grouping which is not contained in the display frame as it is quite battered. Believe it or not, he used it as a camping knife after the war. And the F-S bug bit me then.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    . . . The thrill is in the chase.
    Yes, I'll continue to chant the mantra: the thrill is in the chase . . . the thrill is in the chase . . .

Cheers,
    Tony

I had made a deal with Lou on the knife. It arrived today. Very happy with it.

Thanks Lou.

Thank you Tom! Maybe a photo of it in your collection? I'd like to say that I do appreciate everyone contacting me interested in it. I do come across Militaria often enough and would love to help you guys out in completing or upgrading your collections. All in all, I've had a very positive experience and I thank you all. Especially Tom

Cheers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2