Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

A little help with I'd please

Article about: Just bought a large military knife collection, really for the US stuff. There are a little over a dozen fairbairn. Some have markings and I can pretty much figure out what they are. Could yo

?

Default A little help with I'd please

Just bought a large military knife collection, really for the US stuff. There are a little over a dozen fairbairn. Some have markings and I can pretty much figure out what they are. Could you guys take a look at the others? I'd like to know if they are "real" or current copies. Also an idea of what era they were used. Thanks in advance. First picture are the ones I identified with a lot of help from reading this forum. Next 2 pics, knives are unmarked.A little help with I'd please
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A little help with I'd please   A little help with I'd please  

?

i see few 3 pattern F-S one oss dagger the pancake flipper marine raider and one B&R

?

last one i did not see is the steel Hilt

CBH
    ?

Nice group of fighting knives, and welcome to the forum.

I hope you'll share more of your collection with us.

Top one is a third pattern FS, below that is a Marine raider stiletto and the bottom is a nickel second pattern Wilkinson, FS
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks, that's what I needed to know. Local military collectors kept telling me most of these fairbains were cheap copies. Guess I did good. Now only 284 more various knives to catalog. I always knew fairbairns were a collectors field that stands alone and I admire all the expertise I've read on this forum. Me, I'm a bayonet girl but I couldn't turn this collection down. Again, thanks.

Only 284 more? LOL, welcome to the Forum, hope to see more of your knives.

Mart

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Top one is a third pattern FS, below that is a Marine raider stiletto and the bottom is a nickel second pattern Wilkinson, FS
    Ralph.

I believe the top 3rd pat. FS is made post 1945.
    I can't wait to see the rest.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    I believe the top 3rd pat. FS is made post 1945.
    I can't wait to see the rest.
    I was thinking about that myself, would like to see a better photo of the top one. Are there any mold numbers on the handle like this?
    Ralph.

Edit.... I think you are correct Greg, thin guard.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    ... I think you are correct Greg, thin guard.
    That's what caught my eye.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.