Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Opinions needed on this F-S 2nd pattern B2

Article about: Hello to you all; I hope I did my homeworks correctly, reading your posts and the useful links provided above about the B2 Fairbairn Sykes daggers: if so, this one should be original. Now, I

Default Opinions needed on this F-S 2nd pattern B2

Hello to you all; I hope I did my homeworks correctly, reading your posts and the useful links provided above about the B2 Fairbairn Sykes daggers: if so, this one should be original.
    Now, I would appreciate greatly your opinions, to confirm or not my impression. Excuse the pics, not the best indeed, but this is the best that my camera can do under artificial light, without flash.
    Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions needed on this F-S 2nd pattern B2   Opinions needed on this F-S 2nd pattern B2  

Opinions needed on this F-S 2nd pattern B2   Opinions needed on this F-S 2nd pattern B2  

Opinions needed on this F-S 2nd pattern B2   Opinions needed on this F-S 2nd pattern B2  

Opinions needed on this F-S 2nd pattern B2  

A nice correct 2nd pattern IMO.
    And interesting that it has been modified to utilize a frog instead of the normal tab.
    Congrats!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I agree with Ralph. It's a nice original 2nd pattern.
    I like that it still retains most of it's black finish.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thank you gentlemen for your fast replies and for the good new!
    I was a bit concerned about the grind marks on the button - hilt, as if someone tried to uscrew it with a pliers, or other tool.
    About the sheat, I like the combat look it has, but I wonder why one decided to carry its dagger in this unsafe way, since it is not secured at all at the handle, and could easily slip off from the sheat.

Quote by ziomanno View Post
    I was a bit concerned about the grind marks on the button - hilt, as if someone tried to uscrew it with a pliers, or other tool.
    About the sheat, I like the combat look it has, but I wonder why one decided to carry its dagger in this unsafe way, since it is not secured at all at the handle, and could easily slip off from the sheat.
    These were normally assembled with the pommel button in a vise.
    Ease of access?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

One for sale right now on The FS web site.
    For Sale # 5224
    Ralph.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    One for sale right now on The FS web site.
    For Sale # 5224
    Ralph.
    Well, this one is pratically mint, sheat included. Really nice (maybe a bit pricey?)

I took a couple of pics of mine, with different light.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions needed on this F-S 2nd pattern B2   Opinions needed on this F-S 2nd pattern B2  

Quote by ziomanno View Post
    Well, this one is pratically mint, sheat included. Really nice (maybe a bit pricey?)
    Yes, I agree it is a bit pricey.
    Here is my most recent example with etched blade I picked up for about $600. Canadian.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/fairb...-knife-419615/
    Ralph.

Very nice dagger Ralph! An etched blade FS is a must, and at that price is more than a bargain.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast