Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Show your stuff

Article about: Ok guys. I know it's summer for most of us and things are slow--really slow. It's been nealy two months with no posts in the F-S forum. So to generate at least a little activity and have a l

Nice, Thanks
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Here you go Greg , here's my beat up well used FS 3rd pattern.Bought it via a picker who found it at the local tip for £40 ! only marking is the number 2 mold mark , correct me if I'm wrong but am I right in thinking that this makes it late WW2 issue ,Regards, Paul

Show your stuffShow your stuffShow your stuffShow your stuffShow your stuff

Thanks Paul.
    Yes it's a late ww2 knife.
    gregM

myself around.

Hi Greg, thanks for the invitation. Finally, a quiet moment on a holiday Monday to reply. I’m going be repeating myself a little bit here as two or three of the pics have been posted previously on the forum.

As mentioned in one of those earlier posts, my initial foray into F-S collecting was to obtain some representative wartime issue knives were issued to the Polish paratroops and commandos. The idea came up after seeing some awesome displays assembled by other collectors, this one in particular (click on pics to magnify):

Show your stuff

The collecting was slow, over several years, as good knives meeting my criteria were spotted on the market. The FS knife that started the ball rolling was this second pattern Wilkinson, very similar to Greg’s pictured in the opening post:

Show your stuff

Along the way more knowledge was gained and then, inevitably, an addiction developed resulting in add a couple of variants that I have yet to find any concrete association with the Poles. Of course, being period knives there’s no reason to doubt that some found their way into their hands. I couldn’t resist grabbing them when the opportunity arose.

Needing nine knives to fit the custom frame I built, the collection was complete. Here they are, along with scabbards, prior to framing.
    Top row, left to right: “Beaded and Ringed”, “Fat Man” grip, “Smooth Handle”, “Wood Grip” (air force issue)
    Bottom row, left to right: 1st Pattern, 2nd Pattern Wilkinson, 2nd Pattern B-2, early 3rd Pattern (hand ground blade), late 3rd Pattern (machine made blade).

Show your stuff

And here's the completed display frame, with the newly added all-nickel 2nd pattern replacing a late war 3rd Pattern:

Show your stuff

Here’s a knife that’s part of a 1st Polish Independent Paratroopers Brigade vet's grouping in my collection. The veteran, who took part in the Market Garden drops, lived here in a suburb of Vancouver after the war. It is the only knife in my collection that I know for certain belonged to a Polish veteran. Why the rough shape? This vet was avid outdoorsman and this became his trusty camping knife, evidently serving him well for many years:

Show your stuff

Show your stuff

The only other knife in my collection with provenance is the 1st pattern Wilkinson, not shared here previously.

Show your stuff

This one has a fair bit of wear but this is compensated for by the fact that it's past history is known. Much credit goes to the collector who first acquired it from the veteran. I have obscured the names of the previous owners in respect of their privacy:

Show your stuff

Regards,
    Tony
    Last edited by A.J. Zawadzki; 08-02-2016 at 03:35 AM.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Excellent displays! Thanks for posting!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

A very nice collection Tony!
    I really like the first pattern and the well used third pattern as well!
    Thanks for posting.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I will gladly add my contribution Greg!
    All of these photos have been posted before.
    My recent display case that I made. I have left a vacant spot for a first pattern that I am determined to have. Also containing 1 post war example as a filler to fill the frame.
    Ralph.

Show your stuff

My most recent 2nd pattern.

Show your stuff
    Show your stuff
    Show your stuff

My 3rd pattern stamped 2 and mold number 2 as well.

Show your stuff
    Show your stuff
    Show your stuff

My 3rd pattern mold marked 1, stamped William Rodgers Sheffield.

Show your stuff
    Show your stuff
    Show your stuff

My 2nd pattern all nickel with dedication etch on the blade.

Show your stuff
    Show your stuff
    Show your stuff
    Show your stuff
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Very impressive Ralph . The all-nickel 2nd Patterm with personalized etching . . . be still my heart!!

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Tony, & Ralph,
    Thanks for posting. Between the two of you, there are some seriously nice
    daggers being shown. I am envious of your displays. I have a shadow box with an assortment
    of knives in it but nothing like the displays you guys have.

Thanks again, Gentlemen.

Now that the ball is rolling, may be others will join in the fun and post their F-S knives.
    Everyone is welcome to play along.
    gregM

myself around.

Hi Greg, many thanks for your kind comments.

I just realized that I'd forgotten to include the photo of the original owner of the 1st Pattern knife. Here is Walter Arthur Keen in 2007, holding the knife that I am privileged to be the present custodian of.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your stuff  

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast