Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Commando dagger FS fighting knife for review

Article about: Hello guys, I'm posting this dagger for a good friend of mine. He's looking to buy this FS Commandodagger. I'm very sure that the knife is original but I have some doubts about the scabbard.

?

Default WW2 Commando dagger FS fighting knife for review

Hello guys, I'm posting this dagger for a good friend of mine. He's looking to buy this FS Commandodagger. I'm very sure that the knife is original but I have some doubts about the scabbard. I've allready saw a varia of types scabbard but this looks a bit new... What are your opinions guys? Thx.

WW2 Commando dagger FS fighting knife for reviewWW2 Commando dagger FS fighting knife for reviewWW2 Commando dagger FS fighting knife for reviewWW2 Commando dagger FS fighting knife for reviewWW2 Commando dagger FS fighting knife for review

Kris.

?

Default re: WW2 Commando dagger FS fighting knife for review

? No one? I'll put it back up.

Looks to be almost certainly a post-war produced 2nd pattern FS. The bands around the ends of the knurling on the grips indicate this, as most issued pieces had raw edges on the knurling. There are also, no military markings, such as the broad arrow, etc. Here is a very good website to check over and more finer tune just exactly what era and possible manufacturer made this knife.
    Post War Versions - The Fairbairn Sykes Fighting Knives
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thank you very much. Some more opinions?

How could we exactly make out which ones are WW2 era?

I agree. I am not convinced it is a wartime original.
    Even the shape of the blade does not look quite look right.
    Last edited by Chopperman; 05-10-2013 at 02:19 AM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

This may be a bit late but this knife looks suspect to me, I own two good original second pattern FS knives and have handled many others, the first thing to say is that the lack of 'Broad Arrow' and other 'Military' marks is not uncommon, these were Commando knives and covert in nature, what is more worrying is the apparent lack of a Wilkinson Sword etching on one side of the blade to match the 'FS' etching on the other, the photo is a bit unclear so I could be wrong, the pommel nut shows signs of tampering to me and does not look original, and has already been mentioned the blade shape does not look right, too many doubtfulls here...........not usually a good sign.....I know if it was offered to me I'd pass......hard to be 100% though without better quality photos.