Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

cap rescue : 1919 field cap....a re-build job really

Article about: Hi I picked this cap up at a show during the summer thinking it was a 1917 pattern WW1 field cap. The measurements didn't add up though and it was in fact a 1919 field cap with the peak remo

Default cap rescue : 1919 field cap....a re-build job really

Hi

I picked this cap up at a show during the summer thinking it was a 1917 pattern WW1 field cap. The measurements didn't add up though and it was in fact a 1919 field cap with the peak removed. It had then been doctored for sale as ww1 .

cap rescue : 1919 field cap....a re-build job reallycap rescue : 1919 field cap....a re-build job reallycap rescue : 1919 field cap....a re-build job reallycap rescue : 1919 field cap....a re-build job really

So the question is do you leave it of restore it ? As it stands it is niether one or the other

Courtesy of a wise decision to keep the remains of a greatcoat pocket a few years ago I had just enough material to have a peak made. Although it had to made of two parts leaving a seam in the middle of the peak.

cap rescue : 1919 field cap....a re-build job reallycap rescue : 1919 field cap....a re-build job reallycap rescue : 1919 field cap....a re-build job really

This could be hidden by some cloth scrapes from the crown

cap rescue : 1919 field cap....a re-build job reallycap rescue : 1919 field cap....a re-build job really

and with addition of the correct insignia we have it restored to what it should be. It's the one on the right !

cap rescue : 1919 field cap....a re-build job really

thanks for looking

Tony

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement cap rescue : 1919 field cap....a re-build job really
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: cap rescue : 1919 field cap....a re-build job really

Wow, that's amazing, great work! You saved an uncommon cap, well done!

mpw
    ?

Default Re: cap rescue : 1919 field cap....a re-build job really

Good neat job and better looking for it. I like the stage by stage photos too.

Mark.