Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Freikorps & Paramilitary Weimar Headgear in Period Photographs

Article about: A young member of the JDO. It seems, he has a private purchased cap (Prinz Heinrich Mütze).

A young member of the JDO. It seems, he has a private purchased cap (Prinz Heinrich Mütze).
    Credit: Sarge 08
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Freikorps & Paramilitary Weimar Headgear in Period Photographs  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Freikorps & Paramilitary Weimar Headgear in Period Photographs
    P
    Many

Not sure of the unit:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Freikorps & Paramilitary Weimar Headgear in Period Photographs   Freikorps & Paramilitary Weimar Headgear in Period Photographs  

Rotfront circa 1932:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Freikorps & Paramilitary Weimar Headgear in Period Photographs  

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Not sure of the unit:
    It's Freiwilligen-Detachement Tüllmann.

Freikorps:

My contribution to this great thread, about a subject not usually discussed on the forum, a Weimar era award to Freikorps members the "Eiserner Roland", this is of course a post war (after WW2) veteran replacement award made by St u L around 1968......It is a rather uncommon badge that was produced by St u L in the postwar years as a replacement badge for the 2000 - 3000 initial recipients. It's one of only three Freikorps awards that were officially allowed during the Third Reich. This particular piece was made post 1968 as it rear hardware uses the the open hinge block of this production period, together with the larger "C" catch. The overall quality of this badge is very good with a great detail.
    St u L made this badge with two finishes, as a satin black painted version has been observed and, as this example, a tarnished steel variant....as a more enlightened member states over on another forum...............The original issue was oxidized steel and hallmarked by Gustav Adolf Mueller of Bremen. Most of the black lacquered variations probably date from the late 1920s and early '30s. This badge was still in production at the beginning of WW2 and can be seen in the 1939 Steinhauer & Luck sales catalogue. Since it didn't have a swastika, it was produced after WW2 as well, though most (if not all) of those seem to have been of the "tarnished" steel style".
    for more information on this award see here.. Google Translate
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Freikorps & Paramilitary Weimar Headgear in Period Photographs   Freikorps & Paramilitary Weimar Headgear in Period Photographs  

Ray Beveridge, an American Germanophile propagandist during the inter-war period:

JDO Portrait:

very interesting post.

Bayern:

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast