Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Homage to the 1919 pattern field cap....simple but nice

Article about: by spandau Still working on the cog wheel stamp...........any input welcomed. Hi Spandau In the Hitler Jugend Forum on page 38 - there is a patch with (it seems like that) the same kind of c

Default Re: Homage to the 1919 pattern field cap....simple but nice

Quote by spandau View Post
    Still working on the cog wheel stamp...........any input welcomed.
    Hi Spandau

In the Hitler Jugend Forum on page 38 - there is a patch with (it seems like that) the same kind of cog wheel stamp`?

Please forgive me if I am wrong - I have no expertise in that area - just wanted you to know about the patch.

HJ/BDM/DJ Collections

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Homage to the 1919 pattern field cap....simple but nice
    P
    Many

Really nice to see Reichswehr items , rare and underated area . I feel there maybe the influence of the British Army 1917 Trench cap ,but its probably coincidence . Russia was also making their soldiers caps with cloth peaks before 1917 .

Hi Guys

thanks for the input. The drivers wheel from the HJ set may be just coindence but great spot. thanks.

Rob the need for a simple, cheap and usable field cap seems to be the goal of all governments and armies alike. This type of cap seemed the most fashionable and obvious design in the early part of the century.

cheers

tony

ps got ANOTHER field cap lining up......it's like waiting for a bus.....

Superb caps. I was'nt familiar with this type, so have learned something interesting.

Another nice shot of the cap in wear circa 1933.

Great thread, Tony!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

I now have my new addition.....

My kids been teaching me a playground rhyme it goes like this..........

Tic tac toe,
    give me a high,
    give me a low,
    give me three in a row !

here they are..............

cheers

tony

Very nice material. Well done. Much more interesting than a bunch of fake Waffen SS caps, to be sure.

Default 2 more 1919 Feldmuetze

I'll add my 2 cents - or, really, 2 caps. Happy for any assessment that might be offered about them, I've been collecting Weimar pieces for years but haven't encountered anyone in my circles with any inside knowledge.

The first one is a basic Prussian model but it still has the woven cockade to it. It has some very simple markings and doesn't appear to be issued.

Homage to the 1919 pattern field cap....simple but niceHomage to the 1919 pattern field cap....simple but niceHomage to the 1919 pattern field cap....simple but niceHomage to the 1919 pattern field cap....simple but nice

In fact, it looks as though it may have been in some sort of storage forever where moths got to the wool but left the cotton alone (there's even a circular area of damage which was clearly made around the bawse a cap sitting on it). top of it)

Then again, it could be an over-zealous faker trying to make it look old - open to suggestions as to why there's this discrepency in condition.

Homage to the 1919 pattern field cap....simple but niceHomage to the 1919 pattern field cap....simple but niceHomage to the 1919 pattern field cap....simple but nice

(Once again, my apologies for not understanding how to delete a "bad" photo - like the one at the bottom here, in the wrong orientation. I've only got the 3 here in my "insert inline" but can't figure out how to get rid of this last one)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Homage to the 1919 pattern field cap....simple but nice  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast