Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Reichsbanner Visor

Article about: OK. Throwing this one out there for a friend of mine. I've searched and searched. Has anyone seen something like this? Might not even be German or TR.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    who got a nice item, worth far more than some dorked up cap badge of a "scull" and so on.

I hope they restore it nicely and give it a fitting home so as to broaden our understanding of Weimar Germany and its paramilitary cosmos.
    I know the buyer. A committed collector, lover of history, and fine gentleman who will restore this piece of history.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsbanner Visor
    P
    Many

He can read this book to appreciate his item.Reichsbanner Visor

MAP
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    He can read this book to appreciate his item.Reichsbanner Visor
    I will pass this info along to him. This visor is in a very good home.

Fate....this cap could have gone unidentified if not for some random events (starting with me looking for a used 20 guage shotgun) ending with the fine gentlemen here identifying this rare bird. If not for that...who knows what would have happened to this piece of history...

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

We are glad you found it and we are happy to comment on it. My colleague in the south west has a good eye.
    I have seen these in German museums, but they are not as present in my mind as my own black caps.
    Happy hats. May you find more nice things to share with us.

MAP
    ?

So...update..... a gentleman I know from another forum was the lucky winner of this visor. It recently arrived and he is quite pleased. He noted however that there is no evidence of a badge ever being on this visor. All the round badges appear to attach via the typical tabs which would obviously leave visible holes.

He was thinking maybe it was a pin back badge like the triangle version below. Thoughts?

If anyone knows of one for sale...let me know.

M

Reichsbanner Visor

Reichsbanner Visor

Reichsbanner Visor

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7