Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Reichswehr Infantry cap on e bay

Article about: My knowledge of Rw uniforms relies on these fine works.

Default Re: Reichswehr Infantry cap on e bay

Hey FB that cap in your last post is a real stinker ! Ha, Ha...............

seriously though; pat, Fb has already mentioned the celluloid problem and rightly pointed out that they only came in from the late 1920's and then they had diamond celluloids. The crown material is totally wrong, as is the piping material. The crown was made of wool, same as the tunics till 1927, then the material became tricot as standard for issue caps. The cap lining was the material found lining in tunics or a thin cotton syle like the one above.

I reckon the one on e bay may even have been an early NVA one from 1960's thats been tinkered with.

hope that helps.

cheers

tony

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichswehr Infantry cap on e bay
    P
    Many

?

Quote by spandau View Post

seriously though; pat, Fb has already mentioned the celluloid problem and rightly pointed out that they only came in from the late 1920's and then they had diamond celluloids. The crown material is totally wrong, as is the piping material. The crown was made of wool, same as the tunics till 1927, then the material became tricot as standard for issue caps. The cap lining was the material found lining in tunics or a thin cotton syle like the one above.

I reckon the one on e bay may even have been an early NVA one from 1960's thats been tinkered with.

hope that helps.

cheers

tony
    Sorry for my ignorance, I just mentioned what I thought when I first saw it and turned it into a question when the answers were already given.

Cheers, Pat

more photos for reference.............

Reichswehr Infantry cap on e bayReichswehr Infantry cap on e bayReichswehr Infantry cap on e bayReichswehr Infantry cap on e bayReichswehr Infantry cap on e bayReichswehr Infantry cap on e bay

Hey Pat,

sorry if my post sounded a bit off............no ignorance on your behalf. You ask the right questions and thats the way to learn.

I am forever having knowledge lessons on this forum and long may that continue.

cheers

tony

?

Hey Pat,

sorry if my post sounded a bit off............no ignorance on your behalf. You ask the right questions and thats the way to learn.

I am forever having knowledge lessons on this forum and long may that continue.

cheers

tony
    Thats aright, I should have re-read my post anyway before posting.

I am aswell. But on a much grander scale.

Thanks for your photos aswell. I have saved them to my Reichswehr folder along with Friedrichs.

Cheers, Pat

I would love to collect RW. Unfortunately, the prices are getting just as high (if not higher) than equivalent TR items. It is also the least common of the 3 eras (ie, KR, Weimar & TR) for obvious reasons. Some of the private-purchase visors of that era are of extremely high quality in terms of materials (ie, genuine silber bullion, bullion Adlers, etc).

Same is true with the DDR color-piped all-bullion hats (worn only from 1956-59)--they almost never come on the market. (but as far as I can tell, they have [not yet] started to fake those).
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

hope that helps.

cheers

tony
    This cap was found in the Babelsberg DEFA Kostumfundus by George Petersen in the 1989 era. I sold it, and may its new owner enjoy it. Many of the DEFA caps were nazified and ruined.

FB, That is a shame.

I have a policy of when I get them to de-nazify them back to original insignia if that is the case. Only exception is the kraftwehr cap as it was issued to a wehrmacht unit post 1936.

cheers

tony

FB, That is a shame.

I have a policy of when I get them to de-nazify them back to original insignia if that is the case. Only exception is the kraftwehr cap as it was issued to a wehrmacht unit post 1936.

cheers

tony
    Much damage is done to these things and bravo that you restore them to their original state. well done.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast