Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Unreferenced Weimar Visors

Article about: Someone sent me a link to this thinking it was DRK (however, piping is too white for DRK). May just be RW infantry missing the proper wreath/cockade:

Someone sent me a link to this thinking it was DRK (however, piping is too white for DRK).
    May just be RW infantry missing the proper wreath/cockade:
    Attached Images Attached Images Unreferenced Weimar Visors  Unreferenced Weimar Visors  Unreferenced Weimar Visors  Unreferenced Weimar Visors  Unreferenced Weimar Visors  Unreferenced Weimar Visors  Unreferenced Weimar Visors  Unreferenced Weimar Visors 
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unreferenced Weimar Visors
    P
    Many

Hi Stoney

I saw this on e bay and had a second glance as it does not follow the norm.

I don't think it is RW infantry because the cap band is too "grey" and the absence of stamps makes me suspicious. Also the sweat shield would date it after 1928 IMO meaning the cloth crown material would have been tricot instead for it to be regulation correct....also the chin strap is o/ranks but a police style so not correct.

Being a pureist I would say civil not military.

I reckon early red cross is a possibility but more likely a veteran's org or at a stretch a private purchase cap that never made the grade ?

cheers

Tony

Tony, tough call. Could be a civvie cap, but it does appear to have empty holes for a wreath. Nice looker that I would not mind having in my collection, whatever it is!

To me it looks Jungstahlhelm. The white piping indicates Block 1.
    May be the holes for the cap band were later done by a collector, who
    intended to make an army cap out of it. What I know - and I have seen
    photographs - is that in the Stahlhelmorganization so now and then
    a wreath was in use. Must have somehwere photographs. If I find them,
    I will post them!

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Tony, tough call. Could be a civvie cap, but it does appear to have empty holes for a wreath. Nice looker that I would not mind having in my collection, whatever it is!
    roger that Chris, it is a nice looking cap or sure.

Being sold as a "Luftschiff" visor, which I highly doubt. If real, probably just some civilian flying club.

Biete alte Luftschifts Schirmmütze um 1920-30 .Absolutes Sammlerstück .Äusserst selten .Sehr schöner Zustand keine Mottenlöcher usw.Mit weißem seperaten überzug ( auf dem vierten Foto zu sehen ),darauf das Landshuter Wappen zu erkennen ( Besatzungs angehöriger wahr wohl aus Landshut ) .
    Grösse Durchmesser 27cm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unreferenced Weimar Visors   Unreferenced Weimar Visors  

Unreferenced Weimar Visors   Unreferenced Weimar Visors  

On Ebay right now--some sort of Freikorps Youth Organisation visor:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unreferenced Weimar Visors   Unreferenced Weimar Visors  

Unreferenced Weimar Visors  

Definitely a Weimar Negele logo. Maybe Tram?:

Maker and construction are pre-1945. Could be Imperial Verein:

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Being sold as a "Luftschiff" visor, which I highly doubt. If real, probably just some civilian flying club.

Biete alte Luftschifts Schirmmütze um 1920-30 .Absolutes Sammlerstück .Äusserst selten .Sehr schöner Zustand keine Mottenlöcher usw.Mit weißem seperaten überzug ( auf dem vierten Foto zu sehen ),darauf das Landshuter Wappen zu erkennen ( Besatzungs angehöriger wahr wohl aus Landshut ) .
    Grösse Durchmesser 27cm

Certainly no airship connection and almost certainly no aviation connection at all.

It's also worth noting that the badge is not the proper coat-of-arms of Landshut*, but a design which combines its symbols (three helmets) with the town's colors (red and white). (The shield should normally have a plain white background.)

I suspect a sports club or other strictly civilian connection.

In fact, there is a local tennis club, the Tennisclub Rot-Weiß Landshut e.V. [= "Tennis Club 'Red-White' Landshut, registered association] that has named itself for the town's colors and also uses a combination of the three helmets and said colors as its logo. (See here for the present-day design: Tennisclub Rot-Weiß Landshut e.V. 1899 - Aktuelles ) The club was founded in 1899, so it was in existence during the period in question.

I wouldn't be surprised if the cap is from this very club, sporting an earlier design of the logo...

*) It's my hometown, you know.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast