Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1912 Luger Need Info

Article about: Holy crap, that's NICE! Any holster, extra mag, tool, etc, with it?

TDelz
    ?

Default 1912 Luger Need Info

Hey i have my grandfather's 1912 Luger i was looking for some information on the gun. where it came from. who had it or anything really. Thanks!1912 Luger Need Info1912 Luger Need Info1912 Luger Need Info1912 Luger Need Info

?

Default Re: 1912 Luger Need Info

I do not know much about weapons like this but all I can say that this is one nice Luger early date and great condition

ian
    ?

beutiful !!

?

The design was patented by Georg Luger in 1898 and produced by German arms manufacturer Deutsche Waffen und Munitionsfabriken (DWM) in 1900. Adopted by the German Army in 1908 it saw extensive use during World War I, it was intended to be phased out by the Walther P38, though was still relatively common among German officers. They were chambered in 9mm and were produced until 1942.

Your Luger is a pre WW1 model and was probably used by a German officer of the German empire during WW1 and again in WW2 (possibly by the same officer) and most likely brought back from WW2 by your Grandfather as a souvenir. As these were a highly desired prize for Allied soldiers.

Your Luger is very nice

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Adam M; 04-22-2013 at 03:54 PM.

What a great piece! Congrats! Sorry that I can't shed any light on the specifics. Also, what is nice is that others in the know will let you know more about the unit of which the soldier this was once issued to served with.

ian
    ?

i was always led to believe that luger military manufacture stoped at the end of 1942 ???
    cheers ian

What a great gun.
    chris

beautiful gun, when you strip these down the fine engineering is really apparent; especially considering it's contemporaries in the early 1900's. Very advanced.

?

You are right, thanks for spotting my mistake. Post edited

Great looking luger.
    Please can you get better pictures on the unit markings on the grip. Also does all the numbers match??
    We may be able to help you.
    Thanks,
    John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast