Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1916 Luger

Article about: Hi chaps, any opinions or red flags on this 1916 luger? The holster straps have cut at one point and has no spare mag or luger tool. The guns magazine number matches the gun. Cheers

Default 1916 Luger

Hi chaps, any opinions or red flags on this 1916 luger? The holster straps have cut at one point and has no spare mag or luger tool. The guns magazine number matches the gun.

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1916 Luger   1916 Luger  

1916 Luger   1916 Luger  

Ben

Ben;
    Does the holster have a date on it??
    The barrel looks funny. Or maybe it is just the pictures. Can you get anyother pictures of it?? Just asking.
    it is a DWM 1916. At one time in it's life it had been in for repair. This is not uncommon. The sear spring assemble and Extractor should be straw color. ( Same as the trigger and take down lever.) But with that said. It does not detract from this Old luger. Many old lugers had this done at the Arsenals. Does it have any unit markings on the inside grip strap? Other wise it seems to be a good one.
    Side note: looks like you have the Luger Bug. Can't get enough of them.
    Hope this helps,

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

John sent you a PM
    Ben

Is it me, or is the barrel bent downwards? It could be the angle of the pic, but looking at others on the net it does appear to be slightly skewhiff.

EDIT: Johnno's beat me to it, so that's two of us....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

The distortion could be lens distortion.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Ned, most lugers look like that to me, look on JC Militarias site and look at the lugers on there lol they have banana barrels!
    Ben

Ben I sent you a PM. Yes Ned I beat you too it again

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Just read it and replied John, hopefully pics to follow soon lol
    Ben

?

The barrel may not be bent.Sometimes its just the way it looks because of its taper.Having said that if a person is a bit ham fisted removing a stubborn corroded barrel from the thread it can cross thread when they replace it.Get more close ups of the barrel Ben

Quote by guns ltd View Post
    Ben;
    Does the holster have a date on it??
    The barrel looks funny. Or maybe it is just the pictures. Can you get anyother pictures of it?? Just asking.
    it is a DWM 1916. At one time in it's life it had been in for repair. This is not uncommon. The sear spring assemble and Extractor should be straw color.

John
    The only extractors that were ever strawed on Lugers were on the model 1900. This 1916 appears to be completely correct.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast