Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1917 DWM Artillery Rig

Article about: maybe that why they are hard to find when he has 3000 lugers. Nice find

?

Default 1917 DWM Artillery Rig

I was lucky enough to pick up this complete and all matching Artillery Luger Rig. It was purchased from Ralph Shattuck probably the largest collection of fine Luger in the US if not the world. I could not believe my eyes when I visited his home/museum. Displayed was the 45 caliber Luger made fro US trials Serial number 2, George Luger personal Luger embossed with his initials and presentation Luger's given to Royalty among others. The large room was packed ceiling to floor with over 3000 Luger's for sale (his count). He said, Those are only the ones for sale.

My Luger, the repro holster is on it for display only, the original is beside it. I forgot to take the end cap out for the photo. The stock is numbered to the gun.

?

Default Re: 1917 DWM Artillery Rig

!!!! Wow !!!!

A fine example of the type-Bravo!

Excellent P 08, samnev, bought from the guru of Lugers - Mr. Shattuck...
    Best regards, Thanos.

?

Quote by COLT 1911A1 View Post
    Excellent P 08, samnev, bought from the guru of Lugers - Mr. Shattuck...
    Best regards, Thanos.
    Thanos,
    Thanks, When I went there I could not believe my eyes. Those racks underneath the display cabinets were filled with Luger's. He told me his private collection was not on display except for the ones he brought out to show me, unbelievable.

Outstanding !
    Prost ! Steve.

Congrats, that is one fine rig. I love the snail drum also. Cheers,Robert

The drum 'snail' mags are worth more than many of the P 08s themselves- a fairly ludicrous situation but not unheard of in the wide wide world of collecting...

?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    The drum 'snail' mags are worth more than many of the P 08s themselves- a fairly ludicrous situation but not unheard of in the wide wide world of collecting...
    Lithgow,
    Agreed here in the US they are getting impossible to find. I have another complete Artillery Rig that I bought from a dealer (it's my shooter and not as nice as the one I posted) now every time I see him he wants to buy it back and laments "I never should have sold the snail drum, I can't find another for sale". When you can find one they start at $1500 US. Just as ludicrous is the price of the holster for a Navy Luger. When I bought mine from Ralph Shattuck 7 years ago he quoted me a price IIRC that was close to the price of the gun.
    Last edited by samnev; 02-15-2012 at 05:55 PM.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Just like with the original 50-round drum mag for the Thompson M1928...It's all a matter of rarity...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast