Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

1917 Erfurt P08 not working

Article about: Hi, New user here from Texas. I inherited a 1917 Erfurt P08 from a friend and I have the impression the gun does not work. 1. The mag slides in then comes back about 1/8" so there's a g

?

is it today yet? Semper Fi. Phil

Its 'today' every day... unless of course you are taking pictures 'today'. And by tomorrow, 'today' will become the day before yesterday!

?

Sorry, we have real long days around here.
    Anyway, since I am a pretty stubborn guy (German!) I have field-stripped and reassembled the gun half a dozen times until I finally got the hang of it and now everything seems to work fine.
    Except that I haven't figured out that darn gap between the mag bottom and the grip. I can push the mag all the way in, it engages and then it pops out spring-driven like that 1/8".
    The attached pics show the gap.
    Thanks for all your help, guys.
    Ed
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1917 Erfurt P08 not working   1917 Erfurt P08 not working  

1917 Erfurt P08 not working   1917 Erfurt P08 not working  

1917 Erfurt P08 not working  

Don't be too concerned about the magazine sticking out a bit, it happens. As long as it engages with the catch properly its fine.

?

Yeah, things happen, I realize that.
    But, considering the precise machinery of this gun inside and out, down to 1/10 of a millimeter or lower of tolerances makes one wonder why a mag could stick out 2+ millimeters?
    There must be something that causes that.
    My 2 cents.
    Ed

Not that I know ANYTHING about these pistols, but maybe like bayonets etc.. it may NOT be the original mag and so that could explain the slight mismatch?

MY 2 cents ( which with the poor Aussie dollar are worth less than yours .... )

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Not that I know ANYTHING about these pistols, but maybe like bayonets etc.. it may NOT be the original mag and so that could explain the slight mismatch?

MY 2 cents ( which with the poor Aussie dollar are worth less than yours .... )
    Can you see any markings on the toggle on the bottom of the magazine? If original Erfurt it will be marked, if a replacement then probably unmarked.

?

There is a serial number at the bottom and some other markings that I cannot decipher.
    It may not be the original mag but mag tolerances between two guns cannot be 2 or more millimeters. Maybe half a mm or so.

MAP
    ?

Have you tried another P-08 magazine?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Don't have one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast