Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

1918 Luger

Article about: Well guys, I got a nice 1918 Luger to go with the holster. With the luger itself I know a bit of the history. It has been with the previous owner since 1974, in the condition that it is now.

?

Nice 1918 Luger. Enjoy it Ben! Pre deact. groupings were good. They are very unique guns to fire.

Docf

?

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Very nice Ben. Sometimes a deact in 100% condition and matching is better to have than a firing one that breaks a piece that cannot be replaced. Recall a member at my gun club firing a G-43 and had the extractor go south. Pretty expensive for firing a couple rounds. Having the real deal is all that matters sometimes. just the way I feel.
    Did you hit yourself on the head lately ?. It is ALWAYS preferable to have an ORIGINAL peice in operable condition than a paperweight. The example of a G/K43 is bad...those rifles are like driving a yugo....parts WILL break and fall off.
    I've had a G41M and it was a bugbear to get running..really not worth the work to make it function but it either shoots or it finds a new home !.

Quote by gew98 View Post
    Did you hit yourself on the head lately ?. It is ALWAYS preferable to have an ORIGINAL peice in operable condition than a paperweight. The example of a G/K43 is bad...those rifles are like driving a yugo....parts WILL break and fall off.
    I've had a G41M and it was a bugbear to get running..really not worth the work to make it function but it either shoots or it finds a new home !.
    Agree Gew98. I realize it is preferable to own a gun capable of firing but I realize in some countries they are not allowed. I merely meant it was better to have a piece of history than nothing at all. Thanks for your kind words.

Ben, gone Luger loopy, I for one don't blame you.
    Another nice one in the bag.
    I think I am right in saying its from RJ Militaria, I had some nice things from him in the past
    and always find Richard helpful and friendly.
    As ever, lovely P08 and keep them coming!
    Jonathan.

Yes Jonathan it was, and yes I am soooo into lugers you would not believe Richard seems like a nice guy to deal with
    Ben

Quote by docf View Post
    Nice 1918 Luger. Enjoy it Ben! Pre deact. groupings were good. They are very unique guns to fire.

Docf
    I have fired one Doc at Bisley some years ago, lovely gun to shoot
    Ben

?

Ben your love of Lugers is going to drive you to move to the States were you can truely enjoy them.

Could go and live with the son, he lives there
    Ben

?

Take up duel residency! What State? You only live once .

You KNOW you wanna load up and make noise with them! lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast