Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1920 Luger

Article about: He lives in Seattle John

Default 1920 Luger

Gents, came across this one and it was described as an ex military or re issue luger. Being 1920 and along with the Mauser banner does this make this a commercial luger or police luger or just a civil luger?

Again many thanks for any info

Cheers

Ben
    Attached Images Attached Images 1920 Luger  1920 Luger  1920 Luger  1920 Luger  1920 Luger  1920 Luger  1920 Luger 
    Ben

blimey Ben you getting into luger collecting now.?

I have a few
    Ben

Mauser Banner lugers were Generally used for police. This one has been monkeyed with. Someone has tried to change numbers to represent a matched gun. it appears in rough shape. there was one on Gun Broker.com if you want to see a good example of one of these. Item number 375421358. This luger could also be a parts put togeither gun.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Cheers John, not looking at buying it just for my personal learning. Does the Mauser banner make it a Police luger or the date of 1920?
    Ben

That looks like a nice gun John, Mauser made lugers for a while then if that ones dated 1941, mate if only I lived in the US lol
    Ben

Usually Mauser. Not so much the date as you can see from the 41 date on the one you looked at. Now with that said. During war time any of these could have been Confiscated by the german military. I have a DWM police luger that was taked off a german Wehrmacht officer. The way i know this is because I got it from the Veteran that did it. I tend to believe him as he was a jeep driver for a major and had ran into a lot of German officers surrendering their units at the end of the war. If police units had better weapons than other units (Wehrmacht, SS, etc. The military units would confiscate them for themselves. Make since??
    Hope this helps.
    John

Yes Ben:
    If you lived in the US you would go crazy over these things. They are all over with prices to match. It is getting tougher to find good lugers for a good price.
    Everyone wats a lot for them.

John

My boy lives in the US, might get myself a job out there and live with him. He is now a US citizen so he can buy guns Mmmm food for thought lol
    Ben

What part of the US does he live in??? My come for a visit and see all these things for yourself.
    John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast