Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1936 Luger worth the price?

Article about: I picked this Luger up off a call from my ad. The do not have a Luger but I do have a few really nice p38's and I know condition is EVERYTHING. All the numbers match except the number on the

Default 1936 Luger worth the price?

I picked this Luger up off a call from my ad. I do not have a Luger but I do have a few really nice p38's and I know condition is EVERYTHING. All the numbers match except the number on the top it is the only replacement part. The pistol is in working condition and the guy shot it a few times last week. The pistol was in a French shoulder holster which I do have but did not take any pictures. I do not know if the German solider put it there or the vet but both have been together and that is the problem it was stored in the holster which has caused the condition issues. I feel the price was low so I took a chance and bought it pits and all. Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1936 Luger worth the price?   1936 Luger worth the price?  

1936 Luger worth the price?   1936 Luger worth the price?  

1936 Luger worth the price?   1936 Luger worth the price?  

Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Pretty shaggy, but what was the price?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The price was $450

It looks like a shooter to me, take it to the range and have fun! But make sure it is safe to fire first!!

Have a good one,

Mart

Hi, I think you did well. K.

The guy I bought it from put 2 mags through it last week. He really did not want to sell it because his dad brought it home from the war, he sold it the help with some bills.
    Marty

$450 is not bad if it a safe shooter, but I don't know if I would trust it much myself. Pitting this extensive means metal loss and weakening. It could fire well enough a hundred times and the 101st shot blow off your fingers. As for price, the wooden grips alone are worth money, so you did fine. Not exactly worth, say, a Kreighoff, but okey!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Holster
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1936 Luger worth the price?   1936 Luger worth the price?  

CBH
    ?

Be sure to only put 9mm Luger through her and not any hotter 9mm ammo .

You did fine on the price. The holster is French for the French model 1892 8mm Lebel Revolver.. The holster in itself is worth 100$... So again I say you did very well. BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast