MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1939 Mauser Banner with 39 Police Lugger and SS police sword

Article about: 1939 Mauser Banner Luger that is matching including Mag., Holster police with rare Eagle C takedown tool. 1939 Police Holster by Otto-Berlin. Note Police model safety sear bar. Finish approx

?

Default 1939 Mauser Banner with 39 Police Lugger and SS police sword

1939 Mauser Banner Luger that is matching including Mag., Holster police with rare Eagle C takedown tool. 1939 Police Holster by Otto-Berlin. Note Police model safety sear bar. Finish1939 Mauser Banner with 39 Police Lugger and SS police sword1939 Mauser Banner with 39 Police Lugger and SS police sword1939 Mauser Banner with 39 Police Lugger and SS police sword1939 Mauser Banner with 39 Police Lugger and SS police sword1939 Mauser Banner with 39 Police Lugger and SS police sword approx. 94% and barrel polished appearance. Banners are sought after by collectors and most have the sear bar safety.
    Included in picture is Police SS Sword. These were first released into service in 1938 and differ from the NCO SS Sword by the Eagle/swastika/runes on the ebony handle.

Lovely looking gun Doc, blueing looks almost intact, just a wee bit of holster wear. In ref to holsters I have read that a lot of these police ones were made from altered WW1 luger holsters? Is this correct?
    Ben

?

Don't know specifically about WWI holsters, but they did cannibalize . You will see Nazi error holsters which are black,having been dyed from brown. Brown are WWI and Comm.. I don't ever remember date changes. Was the manufacture of your 1916 Holster an A.FISCHER BerlinC?

Its made in Berlin Doc but I think it says: A.PH.H??MANN so could be Harmann. I will have a good look through a loop tomorrow.
    Ben

Just repositioned a couple of your pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Mauser Banner with 39 Police Lugger and SS police sword   1939 Mauser Banner with 39 Police Lugger and SS police sword  

Ben

Just done a bit of research and there is still a tannery in Berlin and the company is A.PH. Hermmann, Leather goods.
    Ben

In fact I have just found this maker, I believe this to be the maker of my holster A.PH. HOFFMANN BERLIN 1916
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Mauser Banner with 39 Police Lugger and SS police sword  
    Ben

?

I think you got it. I remembered briefly Berlin,but did not remember the top line. Incidentally do not store your pistol in the holster as the tannery products will hurt in time the finish. I pack the internals of the holster with paper so that it doesn't collapse the shape as once ruined will not get it back. My final finish on Holster and gun once cleaned and oiled is Renaissance Wax. Can find it on line. Thanks for fixing my pictures.

Cheers Doc, I have been buying wooden Luger stands to display the guns which the sit in a galss cabinet. I will pack out the holsters with paper like you suggest, I like idea of that. They are also stored inside the cabinet next to its luger. I treat the holsters with Lord Sheratons leather cream. Its a neutral colour cream which does not colour or stain. It protects and nourishes the leather, also when buffed up looks fantastic
    Ben

A Banner...........another great Luger to own !!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast