Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1939 Mauser Banner with 39 Police Lugger and SS police sword

Article about: 1939 Mauser Banner Luger that is matching including Mag., Holster police with rare Eagle C takedown tool. 1939 Police Holster by Otto-Berlin. Note Police model safety sear bar. Finish approx

Quote by docf View Post
    1939 Mauser Banner Luger that is matching including Mag., Holster police with rare Eagle C takedown tool. 1939 Police Holster by Otto-Berlin. Note Police model safety sear bar. Finish approx. 94% and barrel polished appearance. Banners are sought after by collectors and most have the sear bar safety.
    Included in picture is Police SS Sword. These were first released into service in 1938 and differ from the NCO SS Sword by the Eagle/swastika/runes on the ebony handle.
    What is the police acceptance stamp on your 1939 Banner? Eagle L? The hollster maker was Otto Sindel of Berlin, one of the major supplier of police holsters. Is the sear safety attached with a domed rivet or a simple brad? They are nice pistols.

Your SS-Polizei Unterfuhrerdegen is nice also. Does it have the SS Schutz-Marke? That would be the SS runes within the octagon found on the bottom of the guard and sometimes on the blade up by the crossguard.

?

Quote by Poloberst View Post
    What is the police acceptance stamp on your 1939 Banner? Eagle L? The hollster maker was Otto Sindel of Berlin, one of the major supplier of police holsters. Is the sear safety attached with a domed rivet or a simple brad? They are nice pistols.

Your SS-Polizei Unterfuhrerdegen is nice also. Does it have the SS Schutz-Marke? That would be the SS runes within the octagon found on the bottom of the guard and sometimes on the blade up by the crossguard.
    J

Just got back so slow to respond- The 39 Banner Police is an eagle C and matches takedown tool etc. Left side of the receiver has the Mauser Oberndorf proof which is found on all contract Luger. Police were contracts. Holster is 39 police as you note . Mag is matched and I am fairly sure I have the other matched one ,but must dig for it.
    The Police sword has the SS Mark on the crown of the sword which I failed to display in hast to display it. I was abit taking a closer look at this sword having gotten it so many years ago mistaking it for a NCO SS 1933. I did not see the SS mark on the blade.

Quote by docf View Post
    J Just got back so slow to respond- The 39 Banner Police is an eagle C and matches takedown tool etc. Left side of the receiver has the Mauser Oberndorf proof which is found on all contract Luger. Police were contracts. Holster is 39 police as you note . Mag is matched and I am fairly sure I have the other matched one ,but must dig for it.
    The Police sword has the SS Mark on the crown of the sword which I failed to display in hast to display it. I was abit taking a closer look at this sword having gotten it so many years ago mistaking it for a NCO SS 1933. I did not see the SS mark on the blade.
    What is the "crown" of the sword? The pommel cap?

Nice banner marked piece and holster. timothy

?

Yes Polobert the pommel cap is the correct term. One of these days will photo the sword properly. Here just did it to highlight the police luger.

Quote by docf View Post
    Yes Polobert the pommel cap is the correct term. One of these days will photo the sword properly. Here just did it to highlight the police luger.
    That is not the SS protection mark, but rather a private engraving job done for the owner of the SS-Polizei Unterfuhrerdegen to indicate his membership I would imagine. The SS Protection mark is similar in design and size to that seen on SS Allach pieces.

Sound like a nice sword.

Joe W.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2