Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

1939 P08 Luger added to collection

Article about: by Kilroy Was Here Hi Rob, Very Nice P08 you have found. A Deko Luger is still very nice to have in your collection. The Luger feels so natural in your hand, they seem to shoot just where yo

Default Re: 1939 P08 Luger added to collection

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Hi Rob, Very Nice P08 you have found. A Deko Luger is still very nice to have in your collection. The Luger feels so natural in your hand, they seem to shoot just where you point them. This is a good feature in a handgun.........

I would clean and oil the barrel, it looks to have a good amount of RUST!!!! Rust is BAD!!!!!

I also own a 1939 date P08, here's a pic........
    It is very accurate, and has never jammed...... but have only shot 3-4 clips through her. Unfortunately the magazine does not match like yours.

Regards, Steve

Mmmmmmmmm !

Another beauty to drool over................
    I've always thought these are the best looking handgun !

Thanks, Steve and Rob ! !

Regards, Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Mmmmmmmmm ! Another beauty to drool over................
    I've always thought these are the best looking pistols !

Thanks, Steve ! !

Regards, Steve.

HeHe!

Thanks! Glad you like it....Yes, I am planning on putting a dab of gun oil in the barrel....I can see that topical rust you mentioned! Will get that taken care of!

Cheers!
    Rob

Quote by lach470 View Post
    Thanks! Glad you like it....Yes, I am planning on putting a dab of gun oil in the barrel....I can see that topical rust you mentioned! Will get that taken care of!

Cheers!
    Rob

Very Good.........carry on Private...........

Do not be afraid to scrub it good with a .38cal-9mm bore brush also......then a dab of oil
    Last edited by Kilroy Was Here; 05-06-2010 at 12:26 PM.

?

Very nice!! I just picked up a couple too. A pair of 1906 American Eagles. One in 30 caliber, the other in 9mm. Both original and near mint condition.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 P08 Luger added to collection   1939 P08 Luger added to collection  

NICE!

Rob

Ill have to figure out hot to post mine I love those things

Quote by greco View Post
    Very nice!! I just picked up a couple too. A pair of 1906 American Eagles. One in 30 caliber, the other in 9mm. Both original and near mint condition.
    Ahhh Haa!......a couple more nice ones, and a .30cal also. Do you have the holsters also?

Very good purchases.....I consider all my WW2 gun collection , my retirement account that I can play with. Certain original guns are also great investments, the Luger is one of them.

Regards, Steve

I hear ya! Not like the value will decrease....and fun for sure!

Rob

?

No, I don't have holsters for the Lugers. I used to have a couple when I owned a couple of WWII era guns, but I sold them a while back along with the guns. But I do have 3 1911 holsters. One Milwakee Sadlery and 2 Boyt. I also wound up with several magazine pouches that go on the web belt, all for .45. Some as early as WWI, and some WWII issue. I don't even remember what I paid or traded for them. They just sit in a box in the basement. I used to use them when hunting.

Thanks for posting picture of your new gun. I really love these old classics. Congratulations.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast